Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CLP wars

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    The funny thing is that now Break-Free has a most current rev available, compliant with MIL-PRF 63460F (where most are 63460E), which is pretty decent.
    https://safariland.com/products/clp-...ervative-15337

Because of where I work and who our primary customers are, I only use MIL-PRF compliant CLPs. I personally shoot nearly 100,000 rounds every year through 5.56, 7.62, and 6.5 rifles and machineguns, and I have no issues at all with current MIL-PRF CLPs.
    Is there any meaningful difference between 63460F compliant products? G96, Break-Free, Radcolube, etc.?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbinky View Post
    Lol first product question on the page....he ain't lyin'

I Liked this answer:

Make sure you take the bus. If you really wanna show some flair, go out of your way first to get a fresh high n’ tight. Military alignment with the ol’ belt buckle, some nice civilian go fasters and you’re sure to find someone who will want your BAH.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Saber329 View Post
    Fortunately, I missed getting deployed to the sandbox and was able to ETS and return home, but it's my understanding a lot of it was issued and performed well. I've tried it once, the only trouble I had was it separated in the container if it sat very long.

ETA: I was an 11B and qualified as an 11BC2, with an EIB. No AB Wings and I wasn't SF (sorry to disappoint the keyboard commandos among us) I was just a dirty, nasty Leg AND....... never disrespect or look down upon a cook. I'd like to have a dollar for every time I came back on base in the wee hours of the morning, drunk as an f'n monkey and as long as those guys were in the DFAC, I left with a full stomach. They may have fed me through the back door like a stray dog, but they always fed me, just because I was respectful to them. They earn their keep and FWIW, one of the best Thanksgiving Dinners I ever had was prepared by a staff of US Army Cooks.....thank you boys.
    Forgive the derailment but I have to say thank you for this post ^

I volunteered for deployment to Afghanistan and Iraq again and again but was told “no” by the NCOIC. Our wing stayed CONUS to continue F-16 aircrew training while our AD counterpart was deployed overseas.

Got out with an Honorable after six years having never left the American southwest.

Have always felt like a second class citizen among veterans who went downrange.

Thanks for writing what you did, I appreciate your words.

Feedback Score
    Here is some real "old school" CLP I have laying around...the kind where you can see the teflon before you shake it lol.

I have a bottle of G96 I use frequently. No issues on 1911's, Glocks, whatever. I like it. The last CLP I got from hazmat was either G96 or Royco. I hated the smell of the Royco stuff and I think the G96 cleans a little better. Although I think the old school stuff in the pic cleans the best.
    Last edited by mbinky; 08-15-20 at 20:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Forgive the derailment but I have to say thank you for this post ^

I volunteered for deployment to Afghanistan and Iraq again and again but was told “no” by the NCOIC. Our wing stayed CONUS to continue F-16 aircrew training while our AD counterpart was deployed overseas.

Got out with an Honorable after six years having never left the American southwest.

Have always felt like a second class citizen among veterans who went downrange.

Thanks for writing what you did, I appreciate your words.
    No need to feel that way. A soldier does what he's told to do, where he's told to do it; you did your job, so be very proud of that fact.

Thank you for your service.
    Here comes the thunder.

Feedback Score
    Castrol synthetic for lubrication.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Will have to try some G96. Right now I'm using FP10 for lube. Have been for years.
    https://shooters-choice.com/fp-10-lubricant-elite/
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Not another lube thread...just use something anything thats wet FFS.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567