Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CLP wars

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

CLP wars

Read of something called G96 in another thread being used. I've never heard of G96 before (easily done as I stopped paying attention to the clp/lube/vegetable oil wars awhile ago).

Is it actually legit, or just like any other CLP?

I'm more than happy to use a better or current 'best' all in one CLP.

Feedback Score
    https://youtu.be/Np_m8jYDJMA

It's legit. It's my second choice, first being Slip 2000 ELW. But honestly for the price the G96 is a way better value than the ELW.

It doesn't burn off immediately like regular CLP so that's nice

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    i’ve used it as a cleaner on and off for almost 30 years - doesn’t smell bad - i prefer other stuff for a lube but G96 is a good cleaner

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    BCM uses the G96 Gun Treatment spray on their uppers. Smells like sweet cinnamon. Their CLP liquid lube seemed to work fine for me. From my experience the G96 CLP stays where I put it better than the SLIP 2000 EWL.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you all.

Didn't even know the ARMY changed CLP to G96, but according to the video it happened four years after I ETS'd.

Feedback Score
    Army uses it currently. I prefer it over the break free. Not official data, but performed better for me in fun zero temps compared to breakfree

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant90 View Post
    BCM uses the G96 Gun Treatment spray on their uppers. Smells like sweet cinnamon. Their CLP liquid lube seemed to work fine for me. From my experience the G96 CLP stays where I put it better than the SLIP 2000 EWL.
    How's it smell once you shoot? I like the ALG go-juice but it smells like I tried to smoke a crayon

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    CLP is garbage for lube. It’s decent for cleaning but not like a solvent so I don’t get the point of it much.

I like Lucas Extreme oil or whatever it’s called, Black Rifle Balmz, and the Geissele really thin grease.

I brought a new AR to the range yesterday. I forgot to bring any lube and the gun was pretty dry. The range only had Otis CLP. I soaked the BCG in it and it was dry after 50 rounds.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The CLP doesn't smell at all, only the Gun Treatment. The CLP is what I use for shooting, so no smell. I use the Gun Treatment when I put away the guns that I don't plan on shooting for a while. The Gun Treatment comes in a spray can and is a lot more runny so I only use it as a storage oil to wipe down guns.

Feedback Score
    The only place I use a CLP for lubrication is on areas that get really gunked up like the firing pin channel on my pistols.
    Last edited by Colt Carson; 08-09-20 at 21:41.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast