Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: CLP wars

Feedback Score
    Lube threads always get ugly.....I can't believe I got sucked-in.

Not to throw fuel on the fire, but how does TW25B fit in? Fortunately, I missed getting deployed to the sandbox and was able to ETS and return home, but it's my understanding a lot of it was issued and performed well. I've tried it once, the only trouble I had was it separated in the container if it sat very long.

ETA: I was an 11B and qualified as an 11BC2, with an EIB. No AB Wings and I wasn't SF (sorry to disappoint the keyboard commandos among us) I was just a dirty, nasty Leg AND....... never disrespect or look down upon a cook. I'd like to have a dollar for every time I came back on base in the wee hours of the morning, drunk as an f'n monkey and as long as those guys were in the DFAC, I left with a full stomach. They may have fed me through the back door like a stray dog, but they always fed me, just because I was respectful to them. They earn their keep and FWIW, one of the best Thanksgiving Dinners I ever had was prepared by a staff of US Army Cooks.....thank you boys.
    Last edited by Saber329; 08-12-20 at 10:39. Reason: Clarification purposes. ;-)
    Here comes the thunder.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber329 View Post

Not to throw fuel on the fire, but how does TW25B fit in? Fortunately, I missed getting deployed to the sandbox and was able to ETS and return home, but it's my understanding a lot of it was issued and performed well. I've tried it once, the only trouble I had was it separated in the container if it sat very long.

ETA: I was an 11B and qualified as an 11BC2, with an EIB. No AB Wings and I wasn't SF (sorry to disappoint the keyboard commandos among us) I was just a dirty, nasty Leg AND....... never disrespect or look down upon a cook. I'd like to have a dollar for every time I came back on base in the wee hours of the morning, drunk as an f'n monkey and as long as those guys were in the DFAC, I left with a full stomach. They may have fed me through the back door like a stray dog, but they always fed me, just because I was respectful to them. They earn their keep and FWIW, one of the best Thanksgiving Dinners I ever had was prepared by a staff of US Army Cooks.....thank you boys.
    Yeah, love cooks. Anyone that goes around dissing the support dudes is probably a shitbird.

I got issued a lifetime supply of TW25b for the beltfeds. It works fine on M4’s both in the desert and at home. I haven’t tried it in -0F weather or anything like that. Yeah, it does separate, but the oversized tube is easy to shake up. The small tubes can be kind of a pain to re-mix, but honestly I doubt it matters.
    Last edited by 1168; 08-12-20 at 15:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber329 View Post

A lubricant that separates would be a no-go for me. Wouldn’t it also separate on the weapon?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpgm View Post
    After watching the video the developer stated the bio-form of the clp is better than the straight synthetic formula. With that said the bio formula is only sold in the 4oz bottle. I'm going to order the bio formula and try it out.

jpgm
    I spoke to them on the phone. They indicated that the bio-form has superior lubricity as compared to the straight synthetic formula.

Feedback Score
    If anyone was looking. Here is the mil spec version of break free:

https://www.amazon.com/Break-Free-Cl...7420280&sr=8-2

Feedback Score
    I've used Breakfree over the years with no complaints, but I think the formula has evolved over time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I've used Breakfree over the years with no complaints, but I think the formula has evolved over time.
    It has, numerous times.
    Here comes the thunder.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    If anyone was looking. Here is the mil spec version of break free:

https://www.amazon.com/Break-Free-Cl...7420280&sr=8-2
    Lol first product question on the page....he ain't lyin'

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    It’s currently what is being used in the Army for CLP. They are also using TW25, MC3000 for other types of weapon systems.

It’s all I’ve been using for the last 10 years along with their Crud Buster spray. It works and is fairly inexpensive. I buy it by the gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Read of something called G96 in another thread being used. I've never heard of G96 before (easily done as I stopped paying attention to the clp/lube/vegetable oil wars awhile ago).

Is it actually legit, or just like any other CLP?

I'm more than happy to use a better or current 'best' all in one CLP.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    It’s currently what is being used in the Army for CLP. They are also using TW25, MC3000 for other types of weapon systems.

It’s all I’ve been using for the last 10 years along with their Crud Buster spray. It works and is fairly inexpensive. I buy it by the gallon.
    Thank you as well.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast