Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CLP wars

Feedback Score
    Breakfree has a product called "LP" (with apparently little to no cleaning action). It's noticeably thicker than CLP and is more of a lube.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I switched to Mobile 1 Synthetic about a year ago and never looked back. Zero issues across numerous platforms of pistol and rifle, suppressed and unsuppressed, in all kinds of weather- from suppressed SBR’s in 110 Texas heat to 20 degree mornings in the duck blind.

I got so sick of all the opinions I just thought, if it’s good enough for my engine operating at thousands of rpms per minute, it’s probably ok for my controlled pairs.

Used a ton of CLP in the Army with no real issues.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I switched to Mobile 1 Synthetic about a year ago and never looked back. Zero issues across numerous platforms of pistol and rifle, suppressed and unsuppressed, in all kinds of weather- from suppressed SBR’s in 110 Texas heat to 20 degree mornings in the duck blind.

I got so sick of all the opinions I just thought, if it’s good enough for my engine operating at thousands of rpms per minute, it’s probably ok for my controlled pairs.

Used a ton of CLP in the Army with no real issues.
    There’s oil people that have said that car analogy doesn’t work because car oil has esters in it that attract water or something plus some other bad things about it that I can’t remember.

The Cherry Balmz guy says that oil is only ever used in closed systems with an oil pump and that guns are the only place that people try to use oil and it doesn’t make sense. That you need some type of grease.

But I don’t know. I don’t care enough to make a big deal about it. As long as it’s not really thin oil I’ll use whatever.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    After watching the video the developer stated the bio-form of the clp is better than the straight synthetic formula. With that said the bio formula is only sold in the 4oz bottle. I'm going to order the bio formula and try it out.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    There’s oil people that have said that car analogy doesn’t work because car oil has esters in it that attract water or something plus some other bad things about it that I can’t remember.

The Cherry Balmz guy says that oil is only ever used in closed systems with an oil pump and that guns are the only place that people try to use oil and it doesn’t make sense. That you need some type of grease.

But I don’t know. I don’t care enough to make a big deal about it. As long as it’s not really thin oil I’ll use whatever.
    When you shoot your gun I would think you inhale a small amount of stuff from the cartridge and an atomized mist of oil. Hopefully the folks formulating gun oil take this into consideration. Not so much with motor oil.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    When you shoot your gun I would think you inhale a small amount of stuff from the cartridge and an atomized mist of oil. Hopefully the folks formulating gun oil take this into consideration. Not so much with motor oil.
    No manufacturers are thinking about that. When you shoot tens of thousands of suppressed rounds a year that’s the least of your concerns. Y’all keep buying those four ounce bottles for $20.

Feedback Score
    No manufacturers are thinking about that. When you shoot tens of thousands of suppressed rounds a year that’s the least of your concerns. Y’all keep buying those four ounce bottles for $20.
    I pay about $10 for a 4 ounce bottle of gun oil. If I were spending (and shooting) thousands of dollars per year on ammunition, I would be more concerned with exposure rather than saving $20.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    ...The Cherry Balmz guy says that oil is only ever used in closed systems with an oil pump and that guns are the only place that people try to use oil and it doesn’t make sense. That you need some type of grease...
    Nothing but marketing hype. Plenty of machines use oil without an oil pump. There are plenty of firearms that don't need grease and oil works fine. I put a lot of rounds through an AR using nothing more than the dreaded Rem Oil and Birchwood Casey's Synthetic Gun Oil. Currently using Lucas Oil (regular, not the extreme). It costs more than Mobil 1 but it's less messy.

I remember G96 from back in the day. Dad had a can among the dozens of different lubes we used on our firearms. Nothing about it stands out, though.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Bullshit. ALG ($11.50/4oz), Lubriplate/Lubrikit AW-350($9/4oz), Lubriplate/Lubrikit SFL 0w grease, and Cherrybalmz (a little more expensive and difficult to quantify, but the 5 pack is reasonable) all claim to have reduced toxicity. So obviously manufacturers are thinking about that. All three of those lubes work well; I’ve not used any of the others. Lubriplate AW350 is approved for food processing machinery, works well in guns, and is available in any quantity you want, from 4oz to 55gal, for super cheap. A gallon is $34, roughly comparable to Mobile 1 Synthetic.
    Last edited by 1168; 08-11-20 at 07:39.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Bullshit. ALG ($11.50/4oz), Lubriplate/Lubrikit AW-350($9/4oz), Lubriplate/Lubrikit SFL 0w grease, and Cherrybalmz (a little more expensive and difficult to quantify, but the 5 pack is reasonable) all claim to have reduced toxicity. So obviously manufacturers are thinking about that. All three of those lubes work well; I’ve not used any of the others. Lubriplate AW350 is approved for food processing machinery, works well in guns, and is available in any quantity you want, from 4oz to 55gal, for super cheap. A gallon is $34, roughly comparable to Mobile 1 Synthetic.
    U win

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast