Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: CLP wars

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant90 View Post
    BCM uses the G96 Gun Treatment spray on their uppers. Smells like sweet cinnamon.
    Is that what that is!? I always wondered. I buy new uppers just for the smell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've had nothing but disappointment with anything Slip 2000. Their carbon cutter is a complete joke. I soaked a bolt and got absolutely nothing off of it. I could have poured the product back into the jar and it would have looked like new.

Their ELW I've only tried on my reloading press.... I figure it's metal and gets dirty. I lubes about as well as water does on a pane of glass. Thin and worthless.

I've tried grease, Mobile 1, etc. Nothing ever was very good.

For the hot desert, the only thing I've used with any success it Froglube. That stuff works good in the hot climate. It stays on the parts that need it.
    I used Slip2000 EWL for years until I tried the Wilson Combat oils. I found the Slip2000 seemed to dry up easily. The WC oils are available in several thicknesses. I use the middle two. The “Universal” stays put so I use it on pistol frame rails, AR15 bolt carriers, etc. The next thinner “Oil” is good at creeping along pins and other places that are difficult to reach. There are other things I prefer about Wilson’s products, but that’s the short story.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    B4 is for graduating Sniper School.
    I found the listings. My primary was 11B5Y when I retired - yankee was the SQI for pathfinder. So now I guess it would be 11B5PF7?

I was also a Jumpmaster, 5W, so how would that that shake out if I was in an actual Pathfinder billet?

I may have to get some tats revised.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I use either Lucas Extreme Gun Oil or Geissele purple juice. I’ve had decent luck with Slip 2k EWL and FireClean (though FC gets contaminated if you mix it with other lubes).

No reason to go broke on this stuff.

Don’t use motor oil though. It’s got Benzene that gets aerosolized and is highly carcinogenic when you breathe it in.

And, yes, you will be inhaling a certain percentage of any lube that you choose in am AR. Not a huge deal for a quality live that is non-toxic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

CLP wars

I've tried Mobile 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Don’t use motor oil though. It’s got Benzene that gets aerosolized and is highly carcinogenic when you breathe it in.

And, yes, you will be inhaling a certain percentage of any lube that you choose in am AR.
    ....and that explains it
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I may have to get some tats revised.
    Stolen valor.

6B trumped 5W on my "official" MOS. I'm not sure how that's determined, to be honest. 11B3V was the only thing that mattered, IMO.

Feedback Score
    I've had nothing but disappointment with anything Slip 2000. Their carbon cutter is a complete joke. I soaked a bolt and got absolutely nothing off of it. I could have poured the product back into the jar and it would have looked like new.

Their ELW I've only tried on my reloading press.... I figure it's metal and gets dirty. I lubes about as well as water does on a pane of glass. Thin and worthless.

For the hot desert, the only thing I've used with any success it Froglube. That stuff works good in the hot climate. It stays on the parts that need it.
    MarkM,

Suggest you pick up a tube of Superlube if you are looking for something to really stand up well:

https://www.super-lube.com/

It widely available, relatively cheap, and a tube will last you a while:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Super-Lu...1030/202932687

I use this stuff for all my metal on metal lube needs and it stays put and doesn’t run. And it’s clear and it’s not break down over time nearly as fast as FL. Excellent for guns, fishing gear, machinery, door hinges, etc.

Super-Lube makes a lot of products but all I can vouch for is the grease I buy at Home Depot. No smell, no color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    I found the Slip2000 seemed to dry up easily.
    Absolutely. That shit is horrible. I mean... how can a company put out such worthless product? It's not like testing it involves anything more than going to the range. One mag, and you'd be like.... "back to the drawing board!"

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    MarkM,

Suggest you pick up a tube of Superlube if you are looking for something to really stand up well:
    I appreciate it, but I've already swimming in misc gun lubes. And am totally pleased with Froglube. I couldn't ask for more out of an AR lube. Pappabear bought a lifetime supply of the stuff too.
    Last edited by markm; 08-12-20 at 08:29.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Absolutely. That shit is horrible. I mean... how can a company put out such worthless product? It's not like testing it involves anything more than going to the range. One mag, and you'd be like.... "back to the drawing board!"

I appreciate it, but I've already swimming in misc gun lubes. And am totally pleased with Froglube. I couldn't ask for more out of an AR lube. Pappabear bought a lifetime supply of the stuff too.
    I have heard of issues with frog lube if the gun sits for extended periods (few months). It can gum up and cause reliability issues. Have you ever experienced this? I know you guys shoot a good bit so maybe never had anything sitting to long

I have also heard of issues in cold weather, but not much of a concern where you are

Feedback Score

Dang that sucks. It's worked well for me. I oiled a rifle with it and shot probably 300 rounds. I pulled the same rifle out of the safe a month later and the internals were still wet, just very dirty.

I honestly don't put that much thought into which brand is better. My mentality is that as long as you're using something as good or better than break free CLP you're good.

I'm not in the military so that's just my opinion. As long as it's freshly lubed and somewhat clean, it should be fine in the event I need to fire a magazine.

TBH I'm more of an AK guy and that's probably where my thought process originates from. Love my Kalash.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast