Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a light 1-6 for an AR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ap1220 View Post
    Perhaps a bit above your price range listed (but worth it if you can one used), is the Leupold Mk6 1-6x.
    The Mk6, NX8, or Razor 1-10 would be my choices if I wanted to spend that much for an AR optic right now. Right now, I want to buy something that isn't complete garbage, but lets me decide if I want a LPVO instead of my Aimpoints on my Go-To rifles. I've had decent luck with my Trijicon stuff, and I'm not into Primary Arms or cheap Vortex scopes. I will consider the Razor 1-6 E model for sure.

If I could get a good price on a Mk6 that was only driven to the church on Sundays by a little old lady, I'd go for it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you just want to try the concept out, why not give the Viper PST gen 2 a go? Substantially cheaper than the razor 1-6; asides from slightly inferior glass functionally the same and similar tank-like build.... nothing at all like the cheaper vortex strike eagle. Razor nor Viper are what you'd call light though.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    If I could get a good price on a Mk6 that was only driven to the church on Sundays by a little old lady, I'd go for it.
    I sent you a PM
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    I'm not sure FFP is needed in a 1-6 LPVO. Whereas I would want FFP 1-8 or 1-10.
    Honestly, depends on your viewpoint of utility of BDC's at 4x zoom. Coming from TA31RCO's, I find that to be a broadly more useful combination, and since the real figure of merit on my pricier builds was weight > cost, I went with a FFP option (Mk6), and I'm still quite happy with that choice overall.

Practically, the best argument for the Vortex is that the low entry cost and relatively well retained resale value makes it a great option to test the waters... otherwise, jump up to the Trijicon or Leupold and make it a 'buy once cry once' thing, since it is an optic that does everything, provided you don't mind the weight and the fact that tubes aren't quite as fast as red dots up close
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    From personal experience I can recommend the Meopta Meostar R2 1-6x as a dark horse option. SFP, 17.4 oz, about $1k used pre-pandemic but hard to find. Compared to the Razor HD-IIE, it's about 3oz lighter, longer (since it has a built-in sunshade), and the outer ring doesn't disappear when looking through it. Illumination is easily visible to me in desert-like daylight conditions. I can't speak on durability since relatively few are out there, but Meopta has quite a bit of experience making military-grade scopes. Made in the Czech Republic, and the glass is excellent.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    That’s a pretty awesome list! Thanks!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thank the author, https://www.m4carbine.net/member.php...SageRatSafaris

It must have been a lot of work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Does anyone have experience with or any thoughts on the Vanguard RS IV 1-4x24 or RS VI 1-6x24 scope with the German #4 illuminated reticle?

I don't see much discussion about them at all. But I was very impressed with a Vanguard spotting scope (Endeavor HD 20-60x82) which outperformed a Vortex spotting scope that cost 50% more.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    My highest recommendation would be a used Trijicon TR24 1-4x. Fantastic optic, adjustable fiber optic illumination, affordable, and lightweight (under 15oz).

If you don't need more than 4x and want something light, these are perfect.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    My highest recommendation would be a used Trijicon TR24 1-4x. Fantastic optic, adjustable fiber optic illumination, affordable, and lightweight (under 15oz).

If you don't need more than 4x and want something light, these are perfect.
    Agreed. Love mine. Very clear glass. You're not going to be doing a lot of ranging with the triangle post reticle, but it is a great LPVO.
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast