Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry and Off-Duty Pistol, South Hill, Virginia, February 21 & 22, 2009

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    The rest of my tuition is in the mail.
    Mine is going out tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to this class.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, the class happens this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm also sick as a dog with the worst sinus infection I've ever had, and apparently a combination of some sort of bug that's been running around my area for the last month.

I'm planning to arrive in South Hill in mid to late afternoon tomorrow.

It's kind of a custom for the South Hill classes for M4Carbine.net members to get together for a little fellowship the night before class starts. I'm up for giving it a shot if I'm not dying. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM...or just respond in the open here.

That works too.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    I should be heading down from NOVA mid-to-late afternoon so I can hit the beginning of the NOVA rush hour and not miss any of the Richmond rush hour either - yay...

At that point I might be up for several rounds of fellowship.

Right now I am experiencing the finger ache of preloading a butt load of mags.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Crabapplebees at 7:00PM?

ToddG Guest
    Have fun, guys. This is an outstanding class.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Crabapplebees at 7:00PM?
    That's about what I'm thinking. Some folks have PMed me their cell numbers. I'm about to walk out the door now. I'll start making some calls after I'm settled in.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Since I only live about 50 minutes away I will be commuting each day.

Looking forward to class tomorrow and having dinner with everyone tomorrow night.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't have much to offer in the way of an AAR that's very different from what I said about the first class. Excellent instruction, the subject matter is so relevant to what many of us do on an everyday basis, good shooters in the class.

The falling plate steel was an excellent training aid/reactive target for the barricade scenario.

Buzz had a squib round of Winchester White Box that lodged a bullet in the barrel. Good thing people recognized the pop for what it was and stopping Buzz from completing the "bang" on his tap-rack-bang. Another vote for electronic hearing protection and good SA.

I didn't know I could get sunburn (windburn?) when it's 40 degrees out. Dummy. How many times do I have to learn the lesson to bring sunblock to a class?

Total round count was a bit down from the first class. I'd put it around 850-900 this time around. I took a couple of drills off, so I'm sure some guys shot more than I did.

I'm more convinced than ever that I need to find some Ranger 9mm. Most of the 9mm defensive loads look pretty similar at night. The Ranger is noticeably different. It's the only round I'm aware of that has flash suppressant in the powder.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    s_z, actually, Buzz's squib was Remington UMC green box.

What it looked like to me....and this is unscientific, just knee jerk observation...the round had a wee bit of powder in, but not a full charge. The powder ignited, but because it wasn't a full charge, the case ruptured at the vent that the M&P has in the chamber. The bullet was lodged in the barrel about....1" down the pipe.

Great catch by DP when that happened.

Otherwise, exactly what s_z said.....outstanding class, absolutely relevant for civvie and LEO concealed carry.

We had some very strong shooters in the class, we had some guys who can benefit from more trigger time (who doesn't?), but ALL of the shooters were safe and learned a ton.

I've got some pics I'll upload and post when I get the chance.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wish I could've made it. Hopefully next year.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast