Thread: VTAC Battle Belt vs Skirmish belt

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

VTAC Battle Belt vs Skirmish belt

Hello folks,

Does anyone have experience with VTAC battle belts?
    I know I want their cobra belt, but in conjunction with either a Skirmish belt or battle belt. I am learning that the Skirmish belt will be a little more comfortable being that it is thinner and will hug better, however the battle belt has been around longer, and being thicker will support more kit. I like that the skirmish belt velcro's to the under belt to prevent sliding. I like that the battle belt is padded and comes with suspender loops in case I want added shoulder support. ???

I want to deck out my belt with a leg drop pistol holster (safariland / G19) and fixed blade knife on left side (my strong side) and a dual pistol mag pouch as well a dual AR-15 30rd mag pouch on support side (mag holsters already on hand) and finally an IFAK on the back. Maybe a light and multi tool as well if I can fit them comfortably.

Does anyone use the VTAC systems in real world scenarios?
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    Hello folks,

Does anyone have experience with VTAC battle belts?
    I know I want their cobra belt, but in conjunction with either a Skirmish belt or battle belt. I am learning that the Skirmish belt will be a little more comfortable being that it is thinner and will hug better, however the battle belt has been around longer, and being thicker will support more kit. I like that the skirmish belt velcro's to the under belt to prevent sliding. I like that the battle belt is padded and comes with suspender loops in case I want added shoulder support. ???

I want to deck out my belt with a leg drop pistol holster (safariland / G19) and fixed blade knife on left side (my strong side) and a dual pistol mag pouch as well a dual AR-15 30rd mag pouch on support side (mag holsters already on hand) and finally an IFAK on the back. Maybe a light and multi tool as well if I can fit them comfortably.

Does anyone use the VTAC systems in real world scenarios?
    I looked at the Vtac belts and I couldn't figure out how the Skirmish stayed on the velcro inner belt when gear is mounted to the outer belt since it doesn't appear to use anything besides velcro for retention.

Traditional inner/outer belt systems like the Raze usually have the cobra buckle on the outer belt which keeps it from separation from the inner belt.

My problem with any of the inner/outer systems is the inner belts don't have any rigidity which doesn't make for a good belt to and from the range.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Time has passed VTAC belts by. I would look else where. I don’t like the large padded war belts. The two belt designs they have are significant lol inferior to other similar designs. I had the raze with is their version or a Ronin. Awful. Quite disappointed.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I've used the VTAC Brokos belt for a few years now and it's been great. It's thin, lightweight, and has held up well with a lot of use. I can't speak to their other belts, but i have liked the Brokos belt.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Time has passed VTAC belts by. I would look else where. I don’t like the large padded war belts. The two belt designs they have are significant lol inferior to other similar designs. I had the raze with is their version or a Ronin. Awful. Quite disappointed.
    Elsewhere as in where? Ronin?

Thanks
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wear a Volund Gearworks duty belt with an Atlas g-hook liner belt 40 hours a week.

The inner belt is sturdy enough to support my G19 and spare mag w/out sagging.

I know this doesn’t answer your original question, but if you are looking for other options maybe check them out.

I think the belts Volund offer would be more than enough for your listed load out.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?