Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: AR Magazines.. How many is enough?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm not sure why anyone here is arguing about buying mags... I had to do breathing exercises to restrain myself every time I got bulk mag sale emails from Brownells or GunMagWarehouse last year.

Quality mags, ammo and toilet paper should go hand in hand during times of plenty .

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Edited............

Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    I currently have 12 Magpul gen 3 and 15 aluminum good mags. And 4 of the Magpul 40 rounders just because (they haven't been opened). About 20 of the mags are new never used and stay in my safe in ammo cans. I have 3 AR's that cover everything that I need from these and 1 for each of my 3 children eventually.

Biden's very clear on his intention to "re-instate the ban" of mags over 10 rounds. The current polling in swing states isn't looking good but I hope this turns around if Biden is forced to actually campaign and demonstrate his dementia. Anyway my question is how many mags is "enough". They aren't expensive but what's a good # to have for something that is planned to be multi -generational?

Currently sitting at about 30 AR mags and 12 Glock mags.
    Last edited by davidjinks; 08-16-20 at 12:48.

Feedback Score
    Wisdom from Clint Smith:

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    What kind of fire fight do you plan on being in? If you are a civ or LE you are most likely going start and end the fight with whatever is in the gun.
    That's why I said they would be currency. A shit load of extra $10 mags now can be traded to those who need them later. I would rather trade a few mags for something then trade ammo.

I remember back in the early 1990's when the California ban was happening. Panic buying everywhere. I picked up about 20 GI M14 mags for $100 and traded them for 1k rounds of 30-06. I didn't even own a M1A, but I knew the mags would have value.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 08-16-20 at 12:58.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    If a ban is re-instated, how do I prove I bought them before the ban?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSher View Post
    If a ban is re-instated, how do I prove I bought them before the ban?
    How do they prove you didn’t?

Additionally, most mags are date-coded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It sounds as if you are assuming that you would be allowed to keep mags you already own. I think that's a possibility, but I expect the next ban attempt to exclude any grandfathering for weapons or magazines.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    They say ammo will be currency, but mags will be too. You can have 5k rounds of 5.56, but if you only have a few good mags it doesn’t matter...
    Yeah, 1 round can get you nearly anything...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    It sounds as if you are assuming that you would be allowed to keep mags you already own. I think that's a possibility, but I expect the next ban attempt to exclude any grandfathering for weapons or magazines.
    Allowed?

Come get that shit, bitches.

Feedback Score
    The answer is always the same, just like how much money is enough? Just a little more...
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast