Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AR Magazines.. How many is enough?

Feedback Score

AR Magazines.. How many is enough?

I currently have 12 Magpul gen 3 and 15 aluminum good mags. And 4 of the Magpul 40 rounders just because (they haven't been opened). About 20 of the mags are new never used and stay in my safe in ammo cans. I have 3 AR's that cover everything that I need from these and 1 for each of my 3 children eventually.

Biden's very clear on his intention to "re-instate the ban" of mags over 10 rounds. The current polling in swing states isn't looking good but I hope this turns around if Biden is forced to actually campaign and demonstrate his dementia. Anyway my question is how many mags is "enough". They aren't expensive but what's a good # to have for something that is planned to be multi -generational?

Currently sitting at about 30 AR mags and 12 Glock mags.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Only you can answer that. I’ve heard people say 10 mags per long gun and 4 mags per pistol but there is “baseline” for what’s enough. That is an individual choice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Only you can answer that. I’ve heard people say 10 mags per long gun and 4 mags per pistol but there is “baseline” for what’s enough. That is an individual choice.
    yeah its kind of hard to predict. I don't want to waste money and feel like a hoarder but also don't want to be dumb and not get enough when they are cheap and plentiful. I remember going to gun shows in the 90's and buying Glock mags at $80 plus for "pre ban mags"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    I currently have 12 Magpul gen 3 and 15 aluminum good mags. And 4 of the Magpul 40 rounders just because (they haven't been opened). About 20 of the mags are new never used and stay in my safe in ammo cans. I have 3 AR's that cover everything that I need from these and 1 for each of my 3 children eventually.

Biden's very clear on his intention to "re-instate the ban" of mags over 10 rounds. The current polling in swing states isn't looking good but I hope this turns around if Biden is forced to actually campaign and demonstrate his dementia. Anyway my question is how many mags is "enough". They aren't expensive but what's a good # to have for something that is planned to be multi -generational?

Currently sitting at about 30 AR mags and 12 Glock mags.
    There's no such thing as enough.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    No matter what...IF a ban comes you will feel like you didn't grab enough while the grabbing was good.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Regardless of quantity, do yourself a favor and don't store all of them in one location. The head of our 3gun organization lost literally everything he had a few years back to a fire...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    I don't want to waste money and feel like a hoarder but also don't want to be dumb and not get enough when they are cheap and plentiful. I remember going to gun shows in the 90's and buying Glock mags at $80 plus for "pre ban mags"
    Mags purchased at $10 (AR) and $20 (Glock) are never a "waste", as you can turn them back into money with little effort. I have twice the number of ARs as you but 5-6 times the magazines, maybe more (I lose count sometimes).

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Yeah I remember reading Shotgun News as a kid in the 90s and seeing $100 Glock mags and $150 other mags. That has driven my procurement.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Yeah they're readily available and relatively cheap right now. Even if the government banned the outright possession of any high capacity magazine, my speculation is that there will be a healthy gray market and a massive non-compliance.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Yeah I remember reading Shotgun News as a kid in the 90s and seeing $100 Glock mags and $150 other mags. That has driven my procurement.
    yes that was a real thing. I bought .40 cal Glock mags at $80 each and it wasn't unusual to see them for $120 each.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast