Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AR Magazines.. How many is enough?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Regardless of quantity, do yourself a favor and don't store all of them in one location. The head of our 3gun organization lost literally everything he had a few years back to a fire...
    I keep most of mine in ammo cans in a fireproof safe and have 7 in my closet loaded. But all of mine are in my house as I don't really have another good place to store them. Do you keep some off site? I mean I could seal and bury some in my yard or something really extreme but haven't.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Am I on AR15.c0m???
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    I currently have 12 Magpul gen 3 and 15 aluminum good mags. And 4 of the Magpul 40 rounders just because (they haven't been opened). About 20 of the mags are new never used and stay in my safe in ammo cans. I have 3 AR's that cover everything that I need from these and 1 for each of my 3 children eventually.

Biden's very clear on his intention to "re-instate the ban" of mags over 10 rounds. The current polling in swing states isn't looking good but I hope this turns around if Biden is forced to actually campaign and demonstrate his dementia. Anyway my question is how many mags is "enough". They aren't expensive but what's a good # to have for something that is planned to be multi -generational?

Currently sitting at about 30 AR mags and 12 Glock mags.
    Go take a Combat Patrol class and then decide. A typical break contact drill will end up with 2 magazines on the ground, maybe 3, spread out over 100 yards of terrain.... and you may never see them again in the real world.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Am I on AR15.c0m???
    Pretty sure you are on m4carbine.net Is discussion of AR mags on a AR DISCUSSION forum not a good thing? You think Might we make the forum better if there are no new topics and it's only a reference source that we search old posts?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Am I on AR15.c0m???
    Meh, we have an entire generation of shooters who have never seen a $100 Glock mag- you might as well try to describe an Elephant to a blind man.... Their whole shooting experience has been "Amazon Prime" to my door in 48 hours..... They are getting a taste of reality.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Go take a Combat Patrol class and then decide. A typical break contact drill will end up with 2 magazines on the ground, maybe 3, spread out over 100 yards of terrain.... and you may never see them again in the real world.
    yeah did a lot of patrolling in USMC. normal loadout when I was in was 6 + 1. Not sure if that's changed with the GWOT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    yeah did a lot of patrolling in USMC. normal loadout when I was in was 6 + 1. Not sure if that's changed with the GWOT
    I had a friend who was in "private security" during Katrina and he was posted to a large and very nice hotel. He showed up with 3 magazines for his Sig 226- they were not allowed long guns....He got into a shooting incident, many rounds were exchanged- NOBODY was hit, lol....When it was over he had the magazine in his pistol. When he went to look for the two he had ejected...yea, they were covered by 6-10" of nasty water, diesel fuel, snakes, fish and various industrial chemicals and human waste...gone forever...
    Last edited by Esq.; 08-10-20 at 09:08.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I keep most of mine in ammo cans in a fireproof safe and have 7 in my closet loaded. But all of mine are in my house as I don't really have another good place to store them. Do you keep some off site? I mean I could seal and bury some in my yard or something really extreme but haven't.
    For some people, it is as simple as in a garage, a relative's or friends house, etc. I suppose you could go as far a storage unit, locker at work, etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    For some people, it is as simple as in a garage, a relative's or friends house, etc. I suppose you could go as far a storage unit, locker at work, etc.
    Too, they really don't take up a lot of space. An entire case of P Mags- 100 of them, is only about a 2'x3' cube. Easy to stash in the back of a closet etc....

Feedback Score
    How many magazines do you wear out a year? How many do you damage a year?

Have you had success rebuilding magazines?

How many more years do you intend to be shooting ARs?

Personally, I keep about 12 “just in case” magazines and 10 or so for training. I have a big bin of others that I’ve owned for a long time that I haven’t tapped into. As I’ve had them wear or break, I have replaced them with new production.

I also have a stock of 20s for prone shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast