Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is a 7.5" Barrel Viable?

Feedback Score
    Depends what you're going to use it for.

A 7.5" barrel may be fine for playing with on the range, but if you're ever going to have to maybe use it to defend yourself (even if it's "just a truck gun") you'd be better served with .300BLK, or probably better yet, a similar size PCC like a CZ Scoprion. 147gr bonded hollow point ammo from the 7.7" barrel on the Scorpion is probably a better bet than 60gr ammo from a 7.5" AR, and the 9mm will suppress better if you're into that sorta thing.

Just my two cents. FWIW, my agency does not allow AR barrels below 10". I think 11.5" is probably the sweet spot in size and ballistics. Ballistic Advantage makes a 12.3" barrel that I think would be nice on an SBR, too.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution37 View Post
    Ballistic Advantage makes a 12.3" barrel that I think would be nice on an SBR, too.
    It is.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345