Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: University of Texas Dell Medical Center Study on Tourniquet use by Civilians

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeannaUnger View Post
    Thanks for sharing this research! I am newbie about the gun. My father wants to buy it, but I am really worried about it. So I am trying to learn about it as much as I can.
    Nothing can replace gun safety courses with hands on instruction. If everyone would follow any one of the three safety rules at all times, accidents would be virtually nonexistent. Every accident is always without exception caused by a complete breakdown in all three categories. The system works when people learn it and practice it.
    Last edited by okie; 08-30-20 at 05:04.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Nice. I just started putting together a small IFAK, and this makes me feel slightly less silly in doing so. I've narrowed it down to tourniquet, combat gauze, chest seals, trauma shears, nasopharyngeal, and pneumothorax. If there's room left, I'll add an Israeli bandage and maybe a space blanket.
    I'd put the Israeli bandage in the kit before the combat gauze. A clotting agent needs something to keep it in place, pressed into the wound/artery.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    I'd put the Israeli bandage in the kit before the combat gauze. A clotting agent needs something to keep it in place, pressed into the wound/artery.
    What would be wonderful is if the little gauze that's bundled inside the Israeli bandage had a clotting agent in it. That way you could skip the combat gauze and just carry the Israeli bandage.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice. I just started putting together a small IFAK, and this makes me feel slightly less silly in doing so. I've narrowed it down to tourniquet, combat gauze, chest seals, trauma shears, nasopharyngeal, and pneumothorax. If there's room left, I'll add an Israeli bandage and maybe a space blanket.
    Thats a very good basic kit. Go to a FREE Stop the Bleed training session. Its a nationwide program. You can find a local presentation through google.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What would be wonderful is if the little gauze that's bundled inside the Israeli bandage had a clotting agent in it. That way you could skip the combat gauze and just carry the Israeli bandage.
    The standard Israeli does not have removable gauze for wound packing, just a non-adherent pad. The newer T3 varient does. It's an interesting product that combines several things in one package. https://persysmedical.com/products/h...ol/t3-bandage/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    The standard Israeli does not have removable gauze for wound packing, just a non-adherent pad. The newer T3 varient does. It's an interesting product that combines several things in one package. https://persysmedical.com/products/h...ol/t3-bandage/
    The T3 looks interesting. Might have to get one and see how it compares size-wise.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    This is my next move also. I watched a video by Karl Erickson, Tactical Rifleman, who has medical training and experience. He made a big point of buying a tourniquet made in North America and not some cheap crap made in China for airsoft appearance purposes. So I intend to put together a kit from my local military surplus company.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Yea that's the one I'm talking about. Would be awesome if the gauze had a clotting agent.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Like a gun, no good without training.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Like a gun, no good without training.
    I watched a youtube vid. What more do you want?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast