Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combined switch options for Light/Laser

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Combined switch options for Light/Laser

I recently bought a DBAL a3. I am running the Streamlight HLX 1000 Lumen weapons lights.

What are my options for a paired activation switch. I am only aware of the Unity/TNVC TAP switch. Other options? Not that it's a bad option but they are simply unavailable right now from what I can tell and options are always good....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I recently bought a DBAL a3. I am running the Streamlight HLX 1000 Lumen weapons lights.

What are my options for a paired activation switch. I am only aware of the Unity/TNVC TAP switch. Other options? Not that it's a bad option but they are simply unavailable right now from what I can tell and options are always good....
    If you're talking about one button to activate both light/laser simultaneously, then that's pretty much it from my understanding.

I would keep an eye on the EE (here and arfcom). I've seen at least two pop up over the last couple weeks, but they go fast!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Arisaka makes a Streamlight to surefire adapter. Then you can use any switch compatible with those.

I have it, works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    If you're talking about one button to activate both light/laser simultaneously, then that's pretty much it from my understanding.

I would keep an eye on the EE (here and arfcom). I've seen at least two pop up over the last couple weeks, but they go fast!
    I'm looking for something, I think, that would allow me to operate them independently from one switch position.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Slight thread de-railment...

I have a PEQ-15 and a surefire light on a 11.5 barrel. I am looking for a pressure switch and I am leaning toward the TAPS.
    Which version is recommend for use with the PEQ-15 since there are 4 version to pick from.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    Slight thread de-railment...

I have a PEQ-15 and a surefire light on a 11.5 barrel. I am looking for a pressure switch and I am leaning toward the TAPS.
    Which version is recommend for use with the PEQ-15 since there are 4 version to pick from.
    I have the V1, but would probably go for the V2 now if I had the opportunity. It’s really personal preference but I think the consensus is to be able to have a laser only button for when you don’t need illum. That said, I’ve found that pushing the very edge of the “light/laser” button will give me only laser output. Pushing the center of the button gives both. There’s also the on-board fire button on the unit itself you could use for just laser too.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the quick reply.

If you had the choice between a tape or a hot button from Unity, would you get the hot button?

Trying to figure this setup thing and I still don't have my NVG yet.
    Last edited by fedupflyer; 01-14-21 at 21:21.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply.

If you had the choice between a tape or a hot button from Unity, would you get the hot button?

Trying to figure this setup thing and I still don't have my NVG yet.
    Depends if you need the dual lead or not and if you want click on vs momentary. My understanding is the hot button is click-on, unless I have that wrong.

I had to do the TAPS for the dual leads because I’m running a CQBL with separate Modlite IR850. Once Modlite comes out with a dual lead mod-button, I’ll probably go to that to save rail space.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They've been unavailable basically since they hit the market. I've inquired several times as to whether they're ever going to be released. They sold them for a very short period of time back in like 2018 or something, so I don't know if those didn't work out or what, but they haven't made any since.

I'm trying to design a 3d printed part that will snap onto a dual lead surefire switch and activate both pads at once, but there's not much to work with.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a hot button with a single light lead, I’ve found it was only comfortable to use on my thinnest profile handguard. Any sort of quad rail setup, the button is at a weird angle that left me reaching weirdly to get it. To the point where after about five minutes my hand started to cramp from the unnatural movements I was trying to do. I bought it to replace a Surefire SR07, but ended up putting the SR07 back on and placing the hot button on my keymod rail, the only rail that I can use it comfortably at the 12 o’clock. (I did try the hot button at the 9 o’clock too to no avail on the quad rail)

I actually love the hot button on that gun. However, Had I had the opportunity to play with the hot button before I purchased it I probably would’ve skipped it.

I can’t imagine I would like it anymore on any other gun with a dual lead.

My vote would be for the taps system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast