Thread: Combined switch options for Light/Laser

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Combined switch options for Light/Laser

I recently bought a DBAL a3. I am running the Streamlight HLX 1000 Lumen weapons lights.

What are my options for a paired activation switch. I am only aware of the Unity/TNVC TAP switch. Other options? Not that it's a bad option but they are simply unavailable right now from what I can tell and options are always good....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I recently bought a DBAL a3. I am running the Streamlight HLX 1000 Lumen weapons lights.

What are my options for a paired activation switch. I am only aware of the Unity/TNVC TAP switch. Other options? Not that it's a bad option but they are simply unavailable right now from what I can tell and options are always good....
    If you're talking about one button to activate both light/laser simultaneously, then that's pretty much it from my understanding.

I would keep an eye on the EE (here and arfcom). I've seen at least two pop up over the last couple weeks, but they go fast!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    If you're talking about one button to activate both light/laser simultaneously, then that's pretty much it from my understanding.

I would keep an eye on the EE (here and arfcom). I've seen at least two pop up over the last couple weeks, but they go fast!
    I'm looking for something, I think, that would allow me to operate them independently from one switch position.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Slight thread de-railment...

I have a PEQ-15 and a surefire light on a 11.5 barrel. I am looking for a pressure switch and I am leaning toward the TAPS.
    Which version is recommend for use with the PEQ-15 since there are 4 version to pick from.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    Slight thread de-railment...

I have a PEQ-15 and a surefire light on a 11.5 barrel. I am looking for a pressure switch and I am leaning toward the TAPS.
    Which version is recommend for use with the PEQ-15 since there are 4 version to pick from.
    I have the V1, but would probably go for the V2 now if I had the opportunity. It’s really personal preference but I think the consensus is to be able to have a laser only button for when you don’t need illum. That said, I’ve found that pushing the very edge of the “light/laser” button will give me only laser output. Pushing the center of the button gives both. There’s also the on-board fire button on the unit itself you could use for just laser too.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the quick reply.

If you had the choice between a tape or a hot button from Unity, would you get the hot button?

Trying to figure this setup thing and I still don't have my NVG yet.
    Last edited by fedupflyer; 01-14-21 at 21:21.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Arisaka makes a Streamlight to surefire adapter. Then you can use any switch compatible with those.

I have it, works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a hot button with a single light lead, I’ve found it was only comfortable to use on my thinnest profile handguard. Any sort of quad rail setup, the button is at a weird angle that left me reaching weirdly to get it. To the point where after about five minutes my hand started to cramp from the unnatural movements I was trying to do. I bought it to replace a Surefire SR07, but ended up putting the SR07 back on and placing the hot button on my keymod rail, the only rail that I can use it comfortably at the 12 o’clock. (I did try the hot button at the 9 o’clock too to no avail on the quad rail)

I actually love the hot button on that gun. However, Had I had the opportunity to play with the hot button before I purchased it I probably would’ve skipped it.

I can’t imagine I would like it anymore on any other gun with a dual lead.

My vote would be for the taps system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Glad I asked the question then.
    You don't know what you don't know.