Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
I find it interesting that unorthodox positions and especially a VTAC barricade is the litmus test for what is considered "real world" capable? How many times are you going to have to do urban prone, roll over prone, or shoot from your back in a real world use of your gun? How many VTAC barricades are you going to have to shoot through the low angled port from in the street? I'd bet 99% of real world shooting will be done on your feet, over and around cover, or moving (which is where I can see a real -albeit small- advantage to a RDS over a LPVO...then again, unless we're talking room clearing distance, you should probably be either shooting OR moving)

Conversely, how likely is it you'll need more than 1x to PID someone shooting up a wal-mart? Or just get the extra magnification to take a precision shot?

All this is fairly theoretical for us as civilians at this point, but if you're looking to get the most out of the AR platform, for a general purpose optic where you don't know what scenario is going to require you to use it, a LPVO beats a RDS...IMO.

For a HD gun, I run a RDS btw.
Taking a shot in a threat at 50 yards or more you better have a damn good excuse. I get what you're saying I'm looking for the best of both worlds because I'm using this as a range fun and an ad rifle. I'm going to get a cheap 1-4 for my kids 22 and see what I think. By cheap I mean good enough quality that it won't sour me to the idea but not something I'll be spending a fortune on for a 22.