Thread: Carolina Arms Group

Feedback Score

Carolina Arms Group

Have any of you had any dealings with Carolina Arms Group? I just got back from a class and the instructor had a really nice 1911 from them. He said it had been one hundred percent reliable, which makes me want to pick one up. However, I can't get on their website because it is "unsecured." I'd like to check out what they have to offer before I go any furthe

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    I believe they shutdown this past year.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Imagine giving someone money for 4 years and then they just vanish lol

1911 makers are crooks.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Imagine giving someone money for 4 years and then they just vanish lol

1911 makers are crooks.
    Holy crap! Did that happen to you? Strike them off the list! Of course, it's a moot point if they're shut down.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    There was a youtube video from them where the owner bragged that it was his goal to have one gunsmith build one gun every 1-2 days. That told me all I needed to know about their business when you look at the prices they were charging. Not surprised at all
    they went under.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Buy from a known entity, period. Springfield, Dan Wesson or up the game and buy a semi custom. Because if it shits the bed, and every mfg can build a shit gun once in a long while. The good guys will cover you . Not be OUT OF BIZ.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    CAG and its owner got caught up in a lawsuit and they ended up closing down. Apparently, they also didn't like paying people who did machine work for them.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    There was another hot 1911 group in NC, former big-time smiths for Detonics. Victory Firearms maybe? Ah, can't remember, but in business only for a couple years. They did some 1911 smithing for me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STAMarine View Post
    Have any of you had any dealings with Carolina Arms Group? I just got back from a class and the instructor had a really nice 1911 from them. He said it had been one hundred percent reliable, which makes me want to pick one up. However, I can't get on their website because it is "unsecured." I'd like to check out what they have to offer before I go any furthe
    I know Carolina Arms was making nice pistols. They entered the market trying to directly complete with Wilson, NH, and Crafter...

Sadly last I heard they closed up shop.

I am sure there are used ones floating around for sale, but truth be told... I see a lot more of those other guys pistols for sale on the used market than Carolina Arms.

Mark (the owner) used to be in several firearms groups I was in, but I haven’t seen him around of late to get the full story on why he threw on the towel.