Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Point, War for Democracy in Ukraine...You should watch...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Breaking Point, War for Democracy in Ukraine...You should watch...

If you want an idea of what things could look like before long.....

Its on Prime...and some other outlets as well.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    If you want an idea of what things could look like before long.....

Its on Prime...and some other outlets as well.
    War for Democracy in Ukraine and war for communism in the United States.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There is a line in the film where a Ukrainian politician talks about the election and he very earnestly looks at the camera and says, "They lied and everyone knew they lied" talking about their election commission....

Now, whether the election commission did in fact lie (and the numbers of people in the streets and supporting the war would suggest they did) didn't matter. The people BELIEVED they had lied and simply decided they would not stand for it. In their minds, there was no question it was a lie-- and one they were willing to die to refute.....

Then, the people took to the streets and ousted the Russian puppet leader. A week later the Russians invade Crimea and the war is on.

Here, we don't have a foreign power to invade, we don't need one, whoever nominally controls the government may end up controlling the military or some portion of it....

I can see a very similar scenario right here....
    Last edited by Esq.; 08-12-20 at 08:23.

Feedback Score
    I watched it. It was pretty good

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    I watched it. It was pretty good

It was. If you want "the other side" of the coin, suggest you watch "A Snipers War". Same conflict but polar opposite views. They follow a Serbian volunteer sniper fighting for the Russians in Ukraine. The guy is MILITANTLY anti Nato, anti US etc....(Honestly, they try to humanize him etc...and he seems like a decent enough human being)......HE TOO BELIEVES very strongly in his cause and motivations. THIS to me, is what suggests trouble for our own situation. The lines are drawn and people are far less willing every day to cross over, they are pretty unwavering in their beliefs of righteousness. That only leads to one place- an un willingness to accept rule by "the other" (Who will likely rule in a punitive way, because, well, they won and you're evil) and a willingness to go to guns to prevent it.

Feedback Score
    F Russia and Putin. They are just the latest in a long line that wants to take what doesn't belong to them.

Having said that the first capital of Russia was if I remember correctly Kiev.

So it has a long twisted history. But Russia and Putin will do more to hurt the USA than the Ukraine, so EFF them

But well done movie

Feedback Score
    It was. If you want "the other side" of the coin, suggest you watch "A Snipers War". Same conflict but polar opposite views. They follow a Serbian volunteer sniper fighting for the Russians in Ukraine. The guy is MILITANTLY anti Nato, anti US etc....(Honestly, they try to humanize him etc...and he seems like a decent enough human being)......HE TOO BELIEVES very strongly in his cause and motivations. THIS to me, is what suggests trouble for our own situation. The lines are drawn and people are far less willing every day to cross over, they are pretty unwavering in their beliefs of righteousness. That only leads to one place- an un willingness to accept rule by "the other" (Who will likely rule in a punitive way, because, well, they won and you're evil) and a willingness to go to guns to prevent it.
    We usually strongly believe our internal propaganda to the point we can kill others because of it. Hitler never work up one morning and said “Mein Gott! What have I’ve done! I am evil!” He slept well, or at least, wasn’t worried about the Jews, Gypsies, commies, or homos.

Feedback Score
    I come from a foreign family. I am American, but my family is Ukrainian. I know all too well the feelings they have towards Russia.

The United States is in many ways the new Rome, but much improved. I believe if a conflict were to happen on American soil, it would strengthen the bond between our people. We have it SO good in the USA that people are bored. Some people are so bored/spoiled that they actually desire conflict or civil unrest.
    Well, if that indeed were to happen I think those people would deeply regret it, and wish that things were peaceful once again. I mean what is the last generation that had a GENUINE concern for the American way of life?? It has to go back to WW2.

The quote originates from – Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Hard times create strong men.
    Strong men create good times.
    Good times create weak men.
    Weak men create hard times.

Last edited by MikhailBarracuda91; 08-13-20 at 18:12.

Feedback Score
    I am 40 minutes into A Snipers War, the only reason I am going to watch it to the end is I am hoping this Serbian jack ass get;s killed. He is not a trained sniper, he supports communism, as do the rebels it's seems.

Eff Russia and communism.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I am 40 minutes into A Snipers War, the only reason I am going to watch it to the end is I am hoping this Serbian jack ass get;s killed. He is not a trained sniper, he supports communism, as do the rebels it's seems.

Eff Russia and communism.
    Yea, to me the value in it is seeing the EXACT same set of circumstances- from two WILDLY differing perspectives, and how both sides are completely convinced they are right and that it's perfectly ok to kill the shit out of "the other guy". That is where WE ARE GOING RIGHT HERE IN RIVER CITY, USA! People can try to deny it but I think it's getting harder all the time, they almost have to be actively trying to ignore it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast