Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Should LGS’s and FFL’s refuse transfers based on ideology?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    The 2nd Amendment protects all of those groups though, as long as they are still American citizens.
    Sure. No one is saying for the government to selectively take the "libtards, hippies, and fags" guns away. Just that a private business owner can't (and shouldn't be) compelled to sell to them if he does not want to. They can get their guns from some other legal method.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    I also have a near-bedridden parent who telecommutes doing IT work for Boeing and needs a live-in caregiver, so the stipend from that takes care of my major costs of living. (And before anybody cracks a Mom's Basement joke, YOU try it sometime! An endless stream of "feed me, get me another water bottle, wipe my butt..." but you do what you gotta do for family as they approach their twilight years, right?)
    I applaud you for your actions. I'm in kinda the same boat, my 94 year-old father-in-law moved in with us. Since I'm retired I've become his de facto caregiver.

I got to be honest, this experience has developed in me the thought process that I would never impose this upon my kids. We/I'm heading to assisted living the first sign of not being able to live completely on our/my own.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    The 2nd Amendment protects all of those groups though, as long as they are still American citizens.
    The 1st Amendment is supposed to also apply to all American citizens, but now that only holds true if people are not offended.

Burning the American Flag is OK, but flying the Stars and Bars is almost a hate crime now.

If you haven't figured it out yet, there are new rules.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    The 1st Amendment is supposed to also apply to all American citizens, but now that only holds true if people are not offended.

Burning the American Flag is OK, but flying the Stars and Bars is almost a hate crime now.

If you haven't figured it out yet, there are new rules.

Exactly. Ive said it over and over, "You get the same rights you allow others". If you want to restrict my 2A rights, fine, those are the rights YOU are entitled to. I honestly can't see how that is bad policy. You dont want me having guns, YOU GET NONE!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Exactly. Ive said it over and over, "You get the same rights you allow others". If you want to restrict my 2A rights, fine, those are the rights YOU are entitled to. I honestly can't see how that is bad policy. You dont want me having guns, YOU GET NONE!
    The problem is, most of those who are trying to restrict the 2A don't want their own guns.
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I applaud you for your actions. I'm in kinda the same boat, my 94 year-old father-in-law moved in with us. Since I'm retired I've become his de facto caregiver.

I got to be honest, this experience has developed in me the thought process that I would never impose this upon my kids. We/I'm heading to assisted living the first sign of not being able to live completely on our/my own.
    I'd recommend that you make sure your kids are ok with that. I would not want my parents to run off to assisted living -- I'd rather they came to live with me and let us help them.

My wife is an RN and has worked in assisted living facilities and has seen what happens there. My dad was recently short term in an assisted living facility, one highly rated, on a short term basis after surgery after a fall (he is 84). We visited him there. I would never wish anyone to have to stay there long term. My wife's mother has cancer and is starting to fail mentally and needs lots of help. She is living with my sister and law (who happens to be an LPN and her husband is an MD though not my mother-in-law's doctor and not a cancer doctor -- in Japan) who need to help her more and more every day. There are no plans to send her to a facility.

I have no problem with your wish to go there if and when the time comes, but I would recommend making sure your kids are fine with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Well, I am overdue for a COLA rate realignment (which is entirely my fault) with minimum wage here now being $15/hr, but there's a big difference between historical research/writing and say pipefitting/HVAC--I also have a near-bedridden parent who telecommutes doing IT work for Boeing and needs a live-in caregiver, so the stipend from that takes care of my major costs of living. (And before anybody cracks a Mom's Basement joke, YOU try it sometime! An endless stream of "feed me, get me another water bottle, wipe my butt..." but you do what you gotta do for family as they approach their twilight years, right?)

ISTR that there's something called a right to "freedom of association," which one would reasonably expect to include freedom of DIS-association. If I'm working the gunshop counter and you're wearing Klan gear and the guy behind you Panther colors, you're BOTH getting asked to leave.
    You should take great pride in what you're doing for your parent. We tried keeping my Mom in her house, but all of us (her kids) still work full time. When her dementia made her an "exit seeker," and violent, I didn't see a choice other than having her in a nursing home. I cried on the way home from the nursing home the day I signed the papers putting her in there, and it's been nagging at my conscience ever since.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

I'll be ugly honest, after seeing what happened to my Mom, with dementia taking a woman who never swore and was a loving caregiver for others, into a mean, violent, cussing like a sailor person, I've thought about ways to commit suicide without leaving obvious signs of what I did, if I'm ever diagnosed with dementia. Seeing what happened to her is the worst thing I've ever seen, and I've watched close friends & family die after suffering for years from cancer, or a week later after a horrible car crash. That shit is a walk in the park next to some forms of dementia.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    I'll be ugly honest, after seeing what happened to my Mom, with dementia taking a woman who never swore and was a loving caregiver for others, into a mean, violent, cussing like a sailor person, I've thought about ways to commit suicide without leaving obvious signs of what I did, if I'm ever diagnosed with dementia. Seeing what happened to her is the worst thing I've ever seen, and I've watched close friends & family die after suffering for years from cancer, or a week later after a horrible car crash. That shit is a walk in the park next to some forms of dementia.
    One of the few times I have cried in my adult life was when a lawyer I had officed with for 20 years, a brilliant man, who had argued a couple dozen death penalty cases no longer knew who I was. To go from being so very gifted tonot knowing who he was in 18-24 months....damn, just damn....I know cancer is bad but at least it kills its victims....to be alive but essentially just a shuffling shell...
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    One of the few times I have cried in my adult life was when a lawyer I had officed with for 20 years, a brilliant man, who had argued a couple dozen death penalty cases no longer knew who I was. To go from being so very gifted tonot knowing who he was in 18-24 months....damn, just damn....I know cancer is bad but at least it kills its victims....to be alive but essentially just a shuffling shell...
    I wish the memory of the first time Mom looked at me and said, "Who's Brett?" wasn't so vivid. She was holding a birthday card with my name on it, and didn't know who to give it to.

Damn, let's get this thread back OT, I'm getting depressed.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast