Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New M4 light

Feedback Score

New M4 light

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger (Pun Intended) on a new AR mounted light. I've narrowed it down to 3.
    1. Surefire 600 Scout DF Pro. I know It's expensive but quality is rated exceptional. Is it worth the extra $100?
    2. Streamlight HLX. Is it equal to the Surefire for a lot less?
    3. Inforce WMLX reade some bad reviews. Any true experience?

I'm probably going to buy in the next 24 hrs. I would love to hear some experienced opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lew.45 View Post
    I'm almost ready to pull the trigger (Pun Intended) on a new AR mounted light. I've narrowed it down to 3.
    1. Surefire 600 Scout DF Pro. I know It's expensive but quality is rated exceptional. Is it worth the extra $100?
    2. Streamlight HLX. Is it equal to the Surefire for a lot less?
    3. Inforce WMLX reade some bad reviews. Any true experience?

I'm probably going to buy in the next 24 hrs. I would love to hear some experienced opinions.

Thanks in advance!
    Surefire-This is what I would buy and what I own two of. Great quality, excellent customer service.

Streamlight- These are decent for the money. Different beam pattern than the 600DF. Comes with everything you need to mount to a rifle included, including mounting switches. Good value. I have yet to break or have issues with mine.

Inforce-Inforce does not make duty or defense grade lights imo. Decent features though, I like their switches.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got the 600DF and I like it a lot. Brightness/spill work well for me, and the mount is rock solid. I did have to replace the 18650 that came with it, but who knows how long it was sitting in a warehouse and batteries don't live forever. I haven't used the HLX but I've carried Streamlights for handheld use for years. I have had a couple die, but some that have worked reliably for 10 years. I'm a "buy once, cry once" kind of guy, so I'd go for the SF. I don't know anything about the Inforce lights.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Of the three you post I'd go with the SF DF, that said, I'd skip them all and go to a ModLite, it blows them all out of the water.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve not had any issues with the Inforce lights I have, but they aren’t on beaters.

I have no experience with that Streamlight model, so I can’t comment specifically.

Of the lights you list, Surefire is the best option. That said, Modlight will change your life, and thats what I would compare that model Scout to. Also consider Arisaka.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Of all the options you listed, Surefire is the worst for a rifle light.

Streamlight is a steal as long as you use the clicky tailcap. Great ligut with nearly twice the throw and nearly the same spill as the m600df.

No personal experience with Inforce, don't own one.

Look into Arisaka/Malkoff head lights as well as some of them are better than the previous options.
    Modlite is the end all be all.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 08-12-20 at 15:57.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I don’t even consider Surefire or Streamlight nowadays with Modlite and Cloud Defensive in the market.

Feedback Score
    The problem with the SureFire from a performance standpoint is that it's very floody, with mediocre throw, which means, it will cast a wide beam, but won't punch very far. I have heard stories of quality issues, too, though my couple of lights have not had any issues. I have relegated them to use on my PCC and shotgun, and have switched over to Modlites for my rifles for better throw. The Streamlight actually has better throw than the SureFire according to the spec sheet.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 08-12-20 at 22:29.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I ordered the SureFire Scout. I’ll give a review after I get it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Of all the options you listed, Surefire is the worst for a rifle light.
    I wish people would give a terse explanation when they make definitive statements like this. Would you please?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast