Thread: New M4 light

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I wish people would give a terse explanation when they make definitive statements like this. Would you please?
    M600DF/Pro:
    Disparity in performance based on which type of batteries you use.
    At best, it has the same throw as the old 600 lumen m600u, and only when using 18650 batteries. All those extra lumens are going towards spill.
    They cost a lot, and part of that cost is an included mount that few people if anyone uses for the m600df. So now you're looking to spend more to get a different mount.
    The pro version isn't exactly any better, it's the same head but now on a new body with integrated picatinny swivel mount, [so I hope you have a rail to attach it to, and didn't want to utilize your keymod or mlok attachment points directly.] I didn't know that an mlok attachment is also included now. There's also reports of the swivel mount not keeping the light in place.

Protac HL-X:
    No difference in performance between types of batteries used.
    More than double or just under double the throw of the m600df/pro (depending on which batteries are in the m600df/pro).
    Nearly the same flood as the m600df/pro.
    Less than half the cost of the m600df/pro
    Comes with tapeswitch, tapeswitch tailcap, tapeswitch mounting and cord routing options in addition to nearly the same generic mount as the m600df/pro, but uses same scout light mount pattern as the m600df, so you can use any scout light mount you want with it.

WMLX:
    Lowest output all around.
    No listed candela, but reports and pics show it's mostly spill.
    No options to use tapeswitch, different mounts, not dual fuel, can't change about anything really.
    More expensive than the HL-X.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 08-19-20 at 18:42. Reason: Did not know that mlok option now comes with the df pro