Thread: New M4 light

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    I'm a light newb & been needing to get one for the primary bedside sidearm & the go to long gun...I'm ignorant to the body / head options mentioned & at the expense of exposing my doofusness via avoid google, tell me what I need for each to get set up for both & where to buy.

Gracias!!
    The Modlight heads require 18650 or 18350 batteries to run, and those batteries are larger in diameter than cr123s. Therefore, you must use a light body that accommodate 18650 and 18350 batteries, in addition to utilizing the (standard?) surefire scout light head and tailcap thread pitch.

The easiest way to explain the difference between 18650 and 18350 batteris is an 18650 is essentially 2 cr123s head to tail, and an 18350 is essentially 1 cr123.

Therefore, if you want to mimic a full sized surefire scout light like the m600u, you would want and 18650 body. If you wanted to mimic an m300c (or about any mini scout light), you would want an 18350 body.

All scout light tail caps are pretty much interchangable.

The kicker comes with making sure that the body can accept the larger diameter rechargable batteries. So, if you have a surefire m600u, you're SOL, because it can only accept cr123 batteries. But, if you have a surefire m600df, you can simply buy the modlight head of your choice, and replace the surefire head with it, as the body is specitically made to accommodate the larger diameter rechargable batteries (18650 & 18350).

Where to buy from, Arisaka, Modlite itself and BigTexOutdoors are good choices.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 08-20-20 at 19:57.