Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New M4 light

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I wish people would give a terse explanation when they make definitive statements like this. Would you please?
    M600DF/Pro:
    Disparity in performance based on which type of batteries you use.
    At best, it has the same throw as the old 600 lumen m600u, and only when using 18650 batteries. All those extra lumens are going towards spill.
    They cost a lot, and part of that cost is an included mount that few people if anyone uses for the m600df. So now you're looking to spend more to get a different mount.
    The pro version isn't exactly any better, it's the same head but now on a new body with integrated picatinny swivel mount, [so I hope you have a rail to attach it to, and didn't want to utilize your keymod or mlok attachment points directly.] I didn't know that an mlok attachment is also included now. There's also reports of the swivel mount not keeping the light in place.

Protac HL-X:
    No difference in performance between types of batteries used.
    More than double or just under double the throw of the m600df/pro (depending on which batteries are in the m600df/pro).
    Nearly the same flood as the m600df/pro.
    Less than half the cost of the m600df/pro
    Comes with tapeswitch, tapeswitch tailcap, tapeswitch mounting and cord routing options in addition to nearly the same generic mount as the m600df/pro, but uses same scout light mount pattern as the m600df, so you can use any scout light mount you want with it.

WMLX:
    Lowest output all around.
    No listed candela, but reports and pics show it's mostly spill.
    No options to use tapeswitch, different mounts, not dual fuel, can't change about anything really.
    More expensive than the HL-X.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 08-19-20 at 18:42. Reason: Did not know that mlok option now comes with the df pro

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    first I heard of Modlight. Which model is the shizzle?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    PLHv2 head on your choice of body (surefire dual fuel, modlight 18650, modlight 18350 for a mini)
    OKW head if you need a laserbeam to really reach out there at the expense of spill.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    The pro version isn't exactly any better, it's the same head but now on a new body with integrated picatinny swivel mount, so I hope you have a rail to attach it to, and didn't want to utilize your keymod or mlok attachment points directly.
    The Pro comes with the ability to swap the integrated 1913 mount to an integrated M-LOK mount (included in the box).
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 08-19-20 at 17:35.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    OP nice choice on the Scout Light.

I’m surprised more people don’t run the 1000 Lumen M600 Scout. Seems like everyone skips it and goes straight for the DF model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    The Pro comes with the ability to swap the integrated 1913 mount to an integrated M-LOK mount (included in the box).
    Huh, yes it does, I don't remember that from when they were first released, thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    I’m surprised more people don’t run the 1000 Lumen M600 Scout. Seems like everyone skips it and goes straight for the DF model.
    Because it has less throw and more spill than the old 600 lumen version of the m600u.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 08-19-20 at 19:04.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    Where have you been hiding?

PLHv2 head on your choice of body (surefire dual fuel, modlight 18650, modlight 18350 for a mini)
    OKW head if you need a laserbeam to really reach out there at the expense of spill.
    What he said...also check out Reptilia's body.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    M600DF/Pro:
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm a light newb & been needing to get one for the primary bedside sidearm & the go to long gun...I'm ignorant to the body / head options mentioned & at the expense of exposing my doofusness via avoid google, tell me what I need for each to get set up for both & where to buy.

Gracias!!
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast