Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New M4 light

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Well, Modlite recommends you do not use anything below an 8 A discharge rate, which many 18650s don't meet; for example, the SureFire 18650As are only rated for a 6 A discharge rate, while there are many KeepPower models that don't meet that minimum either (NCR18650G, P1835U, etc.). They may work in a pinch, but there's definitely the possibility of damaging the battery if it even works at all.
    Get a Sony VTC5D and your golden.
    https://skylumen.com/collections/oth...0-3-7v-2600mah

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    1000 lumen, 2xCR123 only m600u.

Newest version of the m600u: 1000 lumens and 11,300 candela.

Old version of the m600u: 600 lumens and 16,500 candela.
    Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for the specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    May I ask this question? I know Surefire is widely used by Military units and LEO units, etc. and seems to be the standard against which every other newer flashlight is judged. Are other flashlights out there now as rugged and reliable? I'm of the "buy once, cry once" school of thought.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Well, Modlite recommends you do not use anything below an 8 A discharge rate, which many 18650s don't meet; for example, the SureFire 18650As are only rated for a 6 A discharge rate, while there are many KeepPower models that don't meet that minimum either (NCR18650G, P1835U, etc.). They may work in a pinch, but there's definitely the possibility of damaging the battery if it even works at all.
    Damn, forgot to point that out as it is the reason you cannot simply use 2xCR123s, thank you for catching that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JWill1776 View Post
    May I ask this question? I know Surefire is widely used by Military units and LEO units, etc. and seems to be the standard against which every other newer flashlight is judged. Are other flashlights out there now as rugged and reliable? I'm of the "buy once, cry once" school of thought.
    I would say Elzetta, Modlite and Malkoff lights are just as rugged and reliable as they have fully potted electronics (basically encased in resin).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What quality mounts are recommended??
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Arisaka. IMO that's the best option, great people, fast shipping. https://arisakadefense.com/
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks, I was looking at those as they are on the modlite site but not sure which model...several are sold out. I'm running a SLR rail w/out any side picatinny so need to figure out what I want there as well.

Appreciate the help.
    Last edited by Artos; 08-21-20 at 14:36.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    double tap...
    Last edited by Artos; 08-21-20 at 14:37.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    I use Arisaka mounts or Reptilia bodies.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast