Thread: Gun store ammo today almost seemed normal

Feedback Score

Gun store ammo today almost seemed normal

I picked up 3 boxes of PMC bronze 9mm for $13.95 each and a box of CCI Stinger 22 LR for $7. Basically normal prices for each.. 9 is really the only thing I'm low on and my new PCC seems to turn ammo into empty cases fast!

Curious is prices and supply in your local stores is semi normal? I usually buy online and everything is backordered or insane prices.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    There's a whole thread about in the General Discussion section.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...rms-ramping-up

Also in the AR General Discussion section:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Where-You-Live
    Last edited by opngrnd; 08-14-20 at 00:07. Reason: Added info.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Stopping at my local stores a little more often now, some days they have stock but it does not last for long. But stuff does seem to be trickling in, have even found small pistol primers a couple times in the last week.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    These ammo runs are somewhat amusing on some level. I visited a local big box outdoor store last week and they had 6 boxes of handgun ammo total for about 30 ft of shelf space that stands 5ft tall. Gives you an insight into what are the most unpopular calibers in your area. These were some weird 450 caliber I had never heard of before.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    These ammo runs are somewhat amusing on some level. I visited a local big box outdoor store last week and they had 6 boxes of handgun ammo total for about 30 ft of shelf space that stands 5ft tall. Gives you an insight into what are the most unpopular calibers in your area. These were some weird 450 caliber I had never heard of before.
    yes.. easy to know what the less common popular rounds are (if that makes sense). When I used to be big into 300 Win Mag you could always find it regardless of whatever. it seems 22lr, 556, 9mm and 308 are the hardest to find currently. The big chains don't have them but my fav local was still well supplied.. but the AR rack was sparce.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I go into a gun store about once per year on average. In these panic periods, I hate going in even more.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Not normal at the gun stores...i.e. I just drive by and see the amount of vehicles stuffed in the parking lot.

Feed stores and local mom and pop hardware stores are beginning to show normal stock (which is never really much anyway) of ammo on the shelf. Their orders from January are here now and they have not seen a rush of people coming to buy it. yet.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    Not normal at the gun stores...i.e. I just drive by and see the amount of vehicles stuffed in the parking lot.

Feed stores and local mom and pop hardware stores are beginning to show normal stock (which is never really much anyway) of ammo on the shelf. Their orders from January are here now and they have not seen a rush of people coming to buy it. yet.
    This is something I've seen as well. Gas stations that keeps small amounts of ammo on the shelf aren't places that people seem to be paying as much attention to.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pappabear went to Scottsdale Gun Club here a few weeks back and they had lines forming to get in the place. It was like mid morning on a Tuesday as I recall.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v