Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Current Ak Mags???

Feedback Score
    Do any of you like the Magpul Gen M3 mags that possess steel reinforcement? My Galil ACE likes them and they are 922R compliant. I realize the Bulgarian waffle mags are the gold standard but what do the Gen M3 mags lack over the Bulgarian ones?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Do any of you like the Magpul Gen M3 mags that possess steel reinforcement? My Galil ACE likes them and they are 922R compliant. I realize the Bulgarian waffle mags are the gold standard but what do the Gen M3 mags lack over the Bulgarian ones?
    The Magpul M3 mags don't have the steel reinforced feed lips of the Bulgarian C10 waffle mags. However, Magpul claims that their polymer lips are superior because they won't bend if dropped on the lips.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    The Magpul M3 mags don't have the steel reinforced feed lips of the Bulgarian C10 waffle mags. However, Magpul claims that their polymer lips are superior because they won't bend if dropped on the lips.
    What gets me is that the Magpul Gen M3 are the gold standard for AR mags, and they don’t have any steel reinforcement at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    Bulgarian circle 10 https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006317079

Yes they're extremely expensive. But they are the best. After that my preference is a newish condition Bakelite mag, or any NOS steel magazines.

Honestly for the money, just buy new old stock (or close to it) steel surplus mags. They just work and they're totally affordable.

(Pic is of Circle 10 magazine)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Hands down #1

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post
    What gets me is that the Magpul Gen M3 are the gold standard for AR mags, and they don’t have any steel reinforcement at all

AR mags are supported by the magwell, AK mags aren't.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    AR mags are supported by the magwell, AK mags aren't.
    True but for the feedlips they aren’t, I guess that’s why they don’t for the AK ones either

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post
    True but for the feedlips they aren’t, I guess that’s why they don’t for the AK ones either

Good point.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just picked up some Bulgarian steel and steel polymer mags for my Fox. Everything seems to fit fine. Poly's are snugger than the steels. Same goes for the poly magpul.

I'm trying to trade off some of my Italian 92 mags for Polish surp mags and give them a go.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Who cares where the surplus steel mag came from? They're all the same. Polish isn't any different than Romanian, which is same as Hungarian, which is just like Chinese....etc.....

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Who cares where the surplus steel mag came from? They're all the same. Polish isn't any different than Romanian, which is same as Hungarian, which is just like Chinese....etc.....

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Just don't buy Korean mags . . .

I'm serious

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast