1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    Just don't buy Korean mags . . .

I'm serious

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I did say surplus.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    What would it take/cost to import a whole pile of 47/74 mags? I assume a lot since they're going for like $50 a piece right now and only at relatively minor outlets.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Who cares where the surplus steel mag came from? They're all the same. Polish isn't any different than Romanian, which is same as Hungarian, which is just like Chinese....etc.....

Wanted to have a few polish mags for my polish rifle.

Feedback Score
    Arik, there is a real difference with the metal Chinese mags, at least the ones I have. Possibly the earliest Chinese ones were direct copies of the Soviet design.

The ones I have seen have the rib on the back of the magazine folded over. It is a neater looking design and I think might solve some problems with tight mag pouches.

I have several which I ordered as "Yugoslavian" magazines. But it turns out that they were made in China and sold to one side or another in the 1990s Yugo civil war, but never issued. So, they are technically surplus from Serbia or Croatia yet are new Chinese made without having the "made in China" marking.

Bart Noir

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Noir View Post
    Arik, there is a real difference with the metal Chinese mags, at least the ones I have. Possibly the earliest Chinese ones were direct copies of the Soviet design.

The ones I have seen have the rib on the back of the magazine folded over. It is a neater looking design and I think might solve some problems with tight mag pouches.

I have several which I ordered as "Yugoslavian" magazines. But it turns out that they were made in China and sold to one side or another in the 1990s Yugo civil war, but never issued. So, they are technically surplus from Serbia or Croatia yet are new Chinese made without having the "made in China" marking.

Bart Noir
    But are they that much different in function and reliability?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    What would it take/cost to import a whole pile of 47/74 mags? I assume a lot since they're going for like $50 a piece right now and only at relatively minor outlets.
    Honestly, that would be great. I mean, there are literally hundreds of millions of Milspec mags on this planet and we are stuck with mostly crap, out of spec garbage, or $30 AK mags to get decent mags. It's ridiculous.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    What is wrong with the Magpil steel-reinforced AK magazines? I was considering some as well as one of their hand guards. I currently have a couple dozen Bulgarian steel mags I purchased after the bam sunset, but polymer magazines have always been my preference on the AR and I thought those advantages would translate to the AK.

My rifles are Bulgarian Arsenal SL107FRs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    What is wrong with the Magpil steel-reinforced AK magazines? I was considering some as well as one of their hand guards. I currently have a couple dozen Bulgarian steel mags I purchased after the bam sunset, but polymer magazines have always been my preference on the AR and I thought those advantages would translate to the AK.

My rifles are Bulgarian Arsenal SL107FRs.

Nothing at all! By almost all accounts they are very good mags. They are also probably TWICE as expensive as the Milsurp/Milspec magazines that are littering every corner of the globe. And, more supply, especially in this time, is good. If container loads of milsurp mags showed up I can promise they would FLY off the shelves right now at any sort of reasonable prices.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Nothing at all! By almost all accounts they are very good mags. They are also probably TWICE as expensive as the Milsurp/Milspec magazines that are littering every corner of the globe. And, more supply, especially in this time, is good. If container loads of milsurp mags showed up I can promise they would FLY off the shelves right now at any sort of reasonable prices.
    In general, I rarely see them recommended. Locally they have quite a few available in the $20ish price range. I’ve been on the fence about buying a stack because I have “enough” of the steel mags. The steel mags seem just as expensive right now. I miss the days of $5 surplus mags.

Feedback Score
    I have one Magpul GEN1 MOE which was included with my WASR-10. Works well but I bought a few newer GEN3 ones which are very nice and have a metal locking lug.

I bought some surplus Romanian AK magazines which work but some of finish is worn off which is fine.

I have also bought 12 Croatian AK magazines and had to get my Dremel sanding disc out to make them fit since none of them fit in my WASR-10. I also bought the Bulgarian AK magazines with the plastic followed and they work fine as well. Both the Croatian and Bulgarian AK Mags are sealed in a plastic bags and some sort of oil or cosmoline on them so they can be stored long term if you want.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast