Thread: Want to build an AR-40...

Feedback Score

Want to build an AR-40...

Hola,

I am looking to finally build an AR-40 pistol (Glock type). I am looking for upper parts: barrel; bolt group; buffer. Any recommendations?

Thank you

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    took a look a what CMMG has in their barrel and bolt kits...

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Minimum 5.4 buffer unless you try a .308 spring. I have a Kaw Valley 16" barrel. I have a BCG that sucked. It's in a box right now. Kaw Valley BCG works great. I have a Matrix Aerospace LRBHO lower and an Aero standard AR15 upper. You can't buy the lower separately now. They sell a set, upper and lower. I cut a feed ramp into my barrel per instructions from a KV engineer. Might not be necessary.

IIRC I bought a New Frontier Armory BCG originally that needs to be modded to work right. I can do pics tomorrow night.

Joebob's is where I sourced a lot of parts.

I have a PSA FCG in it the NIB one. I polished it and added Wolf spring kit.
    Last edited by NQNPIII; 08-23-20 at 22:46.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    Minimum 5.4 buffer unless you try a .308 spring. I have a Kaw Valley 16" barrel. I have a BCG that sucked. It's in a box right now. Kaw Valley BCG works great. I have a Matrix Aerospace LRBHO lower and an Aero standard AR15 upper. You can't buy the lower separately now. They sell a set, upper and lower. I cut a feed ramp into my barrel per instructions from a KV engineer. Might not be necessary.

IIRC I bought a New Frontier Armory BCG originally that needs to be modded to work right. I can do pics tomorrow night.

Joebob's is where I sourced a lot of parts.

I have a PSA FCG in it the NIB one. I polished it and added Wolf spring kit.
    Pictures would be awesome. Thank you

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Since I already had a 9mm CMMG Banshee I went with their 40 S&W RDB upper .

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/6...924/8kbfiC.jpg
    Last edited by ARx3; 08-24-20 at 23:28.
    I'll keep my weapons,my freedom,and my money!! You can keep the CHANGE!
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    Pushing off building an AR-40. To cost prohibitive. I currently have a Ruger PCC (.40 S&W) so, maybe never. Going to check out building an AR-15 pistol in 5.56 now. Parts, guns, tech is available and established.