Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Bought a Knights SR15 mod 2...disappointed to be honest

Feedback Score
    I think this is a worthwhile spot to point out how M4C turns inexperienced shooters into expert advice givers, as long as they recommend the right brands.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I did better than expected but the scoring was way more geared towards fast runs than marksmanship. I also elected to shoot my carry gun, with an optic. So that didn’t help, 5lb trigger, polymer frame, standard mags. So lots of mag changes, and in the carry optics division shooting against tuned match guns with steel frames and extended magazines. I ranked near the bottom in overall score due to my times being slow, but was in the top 10 for “A” zone hits LOL. Tells me I need to give it the gas.

Surprised the stages were all very close range for all targets, I doubt anything was much past 15-20 yards max. Now I know why guys I’ve shot with in classes who shoot action pistol struggle where distance gets pushed and targets get small.

Surprisingly had very little trouble finding the dot, or keeping it. I may compete again in carry optics division but I’m going to set up a dedicated game gun for it with an SRO.

Fun learning experience overall, with the emphasis on fun not so much practical application.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NWcityguy2 View Post
    I think this is a worthwhile spot to point out how M4C turns inexperienced shooters into expert advice givers, as long as they recommend the right brands.
    Inexperienced shooter? At USPSA yep, inexperienced. At other disciplines? I have considerably more experience.

There is more out there than speed over accuracy games.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Yeah I did better than expected but the scoring was way more geared towards fast runs than marksmanship. I also elected to shoot my carry gun, with an optic. So that didn’t help, 5lb trigger, polymer frame, standard mags. So lots of mag changes, and in the carry optics division shooting against tuned match guns with steel frames and extended magazines. I ranked near the bottom in overall score due to my times being slow, but was in the top 10 for “A” zone hits LOL. Tells me I need to give it the gas.

Surprised the stages were all very close range for all targets, I doubt anything was much past 15-20 yards max. Now I know why guys I’ve shot with in classes who shoot action pistol struggle where distance gets pushed and targets get small.

Surprisingly had very little trouble finding the dot, or keeping it. I may compete again in carry optics division but I’m going to set up a dedicated game gun for it with an SRO.

Fun learning experience overall, with the emphasis on fun not so much practical application.
    Yeah, do Carry Optics over Open. Open is Formula One; do NASCAR.

Also, Sideways is right about beating feet and economy of motion. Shoot as slow as you have to, but move your ass from point to point and getting onto target. As fast as is safe.

Shoot some IDPA also, but be aware that its just as much a game. You get out of it what you want to. Don’t worry about winning, worry about your own fight.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I’m there to have fun and push different skills. Years of bullseye type shooting have left me with a good “accuracy” game, and I will continue to shoot B-16’s and B-8’s but adding some more training for fun will be nice. I’d been working on shooting faster and working out of the holster which did help, my splits weren’t too bad. However getting an idea of stage set up and driving the gun from target to target will need more work. Particularly accepting less than optimal sight pictures when I know I don’t need one.

I would have been faster with iron sights on most stages I think, but that’s just more training target to target with the dot. It’s one thing to draw and engage one target with the dot, but another to track target to target and pick it up as fast as I would irons. I knew it would be slower but wanted to learn more about my carry gun and how it performs. Sadly my normal home range doesn’t allow for a lot of this.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’m there to have fun and push different skills. Years of bullseye type shooting have left me with a good “accuracy” game, and I will continue to shoot B-16’s and B-8’s but adding some more training for fun will be nice. I’d been working on shooting faster and working out of the holster which did help, my splits weren’t too bad. However getting an idea of stage set up and driving the gun from target to target will need more work. Particularly accepting less than optimal sight pictures when I know I don’t need one.

I would have been faster with iron sights on most stages I think, but that’s just more training target to target with the dot. It’s one thing to draw and engage one target with the dot, but another to track target to target and pick it up as fast as I would irons. I knew it would be slower but wanted to learn more about my carry gun and how it performs. Sadly my normal home range doesn’t allow for a lot of this.
    For target transitions, move your head and eyes first, in a snappy movement, then move the weapon to the target. Do this while sprinting, if necessary, and then slow your feet to break the shot. The dot will magically appear over the target if you’ve been practicing. If you try to drive the dot to the next target you are likely to overshoot it.

I recommend practicing transitions and pretty much any shot in triples so you can program your mind to undo a D as fast as you can.

I suck at B8’s. At 36, my visual acuity has suddenly shit the bed. Ugh.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Well man I’m 42 in a few months, still have good visual acuity with irons but know the future of my genetics. Hence learning the dot now because I want to, not later because I have to.

B8’s at 25 are easy. B16’s.... not as much but I can still post 90%+ scores on those. Again I was a bullseye shooter so those and the smaller rimfire bullseye targets were my thing.

Finding out that the speed oriented gun sports are just like my old discipline in one way: namely stock out of the box “normal” guns are not going to be as easy to shoot or even capable in some cases of being competitive. I guess there’s a reason 2011’s and tricked out CZ’s are the go to choices in the various divisions. Something something something right tool for the job....

Feedback Score
    There is more out there than speed over accuracy games.
    Yeah...

Just imagine that you are good at something to the point that people seek out your advice, and occasionally even offer you money for private instruction. If someone came along who was highly opinionated but had a very minimal experience level, you would ID them as such pretty quickly. Almost as soon as they started talking about to subject. And I'm not talking about USPSA.

Feedback Score
    Are you still butt hurt over something? Move on man, if you have nothing helpful to say why not just not say anything. I’ll try to do the same moving forward.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Looks like you boys should start a thread in the training section.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334