Thread: Bought a Knights SR15 mod 2...disappointed to be honest

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    14.5 KAC’s H2
    16 KAC’s H

Mine has quickly become a favorite.

IF repeat IF you have anything that’s truly wrong, my first hand experience says they’ll make it right.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    TBH, I wasn't that enamored with my 16" KAC (prior to the MLOK version). I do appreciate my 11.5 SBR however, and I enjoy my KAC supressor.

They aren't for everyone.

And I'm hoping to get a 14.5 someday, and my kids both have 16" MLOK uppers waiting for them to grow up.

Personally I don't have a problem with a negative review, but as mentiones, yours is a bit dramatic.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Your post made me feel better about the far less expensive products I am having disappointment with at the moment.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    But all the tacticool kids say KAC makes you shoot faster and gets women to date them....

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    So I scrimped and saved, sold some other rifles and bought my first Sr-15 from a KAC dealer.
    I'm not picking on you, but as soon as I read the words in bold, I knew it was buyers remorse due to the fact you really couldn't afford it. I don't mean that as an insult, I did the same thing with a vehicle one time and at different points in my life I've been let down by things I saved and pinched pennies to be able to buy.

You're not alone, I have friends who have purchased KAC and LMT guns and were let down because they didn't live up to their expectations after sacrificing in some way to get them. That's how I got my LMT MRP, my friend regretted it after the first range trip and it sat and collected dust until he decided to recoup some money. I was happy as a clam with it and just picked up my second MRP upper.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Manufacturers of anything don't have 100% perfection leaving their facilities ever, especially when humans are involved in the manufacturing. Stuff happens, but the top players usually retain their status on how they address the stuff that happens. It's what makes great brands great, they live up to their expectations and/or exceed them.

I'd contact them and let them know your concerns. I would think based on their status in the weapons arena they would want to know what happened and track it back to its build birth source.....and of course make it right.

For what it's worth I know nothing about the company other than what's posted here and completely understand one man's treasure is another man's junk. I also know internet forums are lousy places to go looking for sympathy for revered product failures, probably the reason for the rule to have the company have a chance to make it right before posting. When to do or not do that is a grey area I don't get understand or get involved with because of the nature of how reviews are handled here.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I'm not picking on you, but as soon as I read the words in bold, I knew it was buyers remorse due to the fact you really couldn't afford it. I don't mean that as an insult, I did the same thing with a vehicle one time and at different points in my life I've been let down by things I saved and pinched pennies to be able to buy.

You're not alone, I have friends who have purchased KAC and LMT guns and were let down because they didn't live up to their expectations after sacrificing in some way to get them. That's how I got my LMT MRP, my friend regretted it after the first range trip and it sat and collected dust until he decided to recoup some money. I was happy as a clam with it and just picked up my second MRP upper.
    I get what your saying but don't understand how you can't afford something if you used disposable income to purchase it. I just saved up some and sold some rifles I wasn't using. I figured one "high end" rifle, arguably the pinnacle of AR's, was worth more than a couple others I wasn't using. I wouldn't say it's buyers remorse, I just was really surprised at the things I pointed out given how everybody worships them and hypes them up. If it wasn't lacking in the areas I highlighted, I'd be happy as a pig in shit given how accurate the damn thing is.

Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Manufacturers of anything don't have 100% perfection leaving their facilities ever, especially when humans are involved in the manufacturing. Stuff happens, but the top players usually retain their status on how they address the stuff that happens. It's what makes great brands great, they live up to their expectations and/or exceed them.

I'd contact them and let them know your concerns. I would think based on their status in the weapons arena they would want to know what happened and track it back to its build birth source.....and of course make it right.

For what it's worth I know nothing about the company other than what's posted here and completely understand one man's treasure is another man's junk. I also know internet forums are lousy places to go looking for sympathy for revered product failures, probably the reason for the rule to have the company have a chance to make it right before posting. When to do or not do that is a grey area I don't get understand or get involved with because of the nature of how reviews are handled here.
    That's just it, there is nothing to make right. The gun works, nothing is broken. That was also my understanding as to contacting a manufacturer before posting...give them a chance to fix it before flaming. I get it, but in this case...there is nothing to fix. I'm just giving an objective opinion that their trigger is heavy, their gas system does not make the rifle shoot softer, and the fit finish is no better then a Colt.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 08-14-20 at 22:25.

Feedback Score
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...2s-SR-15-MOD-2

I dumped more than $3500 on the complete system: 16” SR-15 Mod 2 with a QDC 556 can. I am not into Gucci guns. I wanted a no nonsense AR that can run suppressed reliably.

What I got what a system that was way over gassed. So much so that it is uncomfortable to shoot when running the stock charging handle, carbine buffer and spring (yes that is what it comes with, not a H). I wound up taming the system using a Sprinco Blue spring and H1.5 buffer (I used a slash heavy buffer with custom weights). It is still no where as smooth as my DD V7 mid-length upper on a BCM A5 lower.

Bottom line is: I could have saved myself a cool $1000 investing in another Surefire can and a Centurion Arms or DD system. While the KAC ambi lower is nice, we all know that with training a standard lower can run nearly as fast.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    You can post an unflattering fact-based review, but your level of vitriol smacks of a troll post denigrating a known-good manufacturer of some esteem.
    Look you're a mod and I genuinely enjoy this forum so I'm not trying to pick a fight or come of as pugnacious, but I outlined the things I didn't like and explained why. What part of anything I said was cruel or unfairly disparaging to KAC? There is nothing wrong with the rifle and there is nothing to fix, I laid out the things I don't like about the rifle and why. To insinuate this is a troll post just because you may not agree with my opinion on the matter is baseless.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...2s-SR-15-MOD-2

I dumped more than $3500 on the complete system: 16” SR-15 Mod 2 with a QDC 556 can. I am not into Gucci guns. I wanted a no nonsense AR that can run suppressed reliably.

What I got what a system that was way over gassed. So much so that it is uncomfortable to shoot when running the stock charging handle, carbine buffer and spring (yes that is what it comes with, not a H). I wound up taming the system using a Sprinco Blue spring and H1.5 buffer (I used a slash heavy buffer with custom weights). It is still no where as smooth as my DD V7 mid-length upper on a BCM A5 lower.

Bottom line is: I could have saved myself a cool $1000 investing in another Surefire can and a Centurion Arms or DD system. While the KAC ambi lower is nice, we all know that with training a standard lower can run nearly as fast.
    That's pretty much my thoughts exactly. I could've bought a smoother shooting gun with better fit and finish for significantly less money. I wen't with KAC because they are heralded as the pinnacle of AR's and nothing comes close to them. Perhaps the mod 1's were but given your experience and mine, it's safe to say the mod 2's are not the same. I also can't justify dropping in a new trigger and buffer system on such an expensive gun just to make it better. When it's advertised to perform in such a manner in factory form. Not to mention any warranty issues down the road.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 08-14-20 at 22:41.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast