Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Israel and United Arab Emirates Peace Treaty

Feedback Score
    Probably just opened up another potential market for Israeli weapons and equipment.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    lol, imagine that:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...ace-deal-trump

Funny, I didn't see Obama or Biden's name in the press release about the deal. But I will invoke a quote used from 2009-2017 that applies to the remarks of one Joe Biden.

"You didn't build that."
    Right up there with Trump taking credit for Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 which was signed 2 years before he got into office.

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Probably just opened up another potential market for Israeli weapons and equipment.
    BINGO, follow the money.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I'd tend to think they will realize they need to move in the right direction so to speak. Provided, it's an absolute monarchy over there, so change might not come as fast as necessary. Such things will take time so long as the Shari'a is part of the judicial code.

Things have to move somewhat slowly in that part of the world. Too fast and you get Iran 1979.
    When it comes to the Arab countries, they are what they are, and they have been for a few millennia. Religiously and culturally, they aren't going to conform to any standards of respecting rights as we see fit in the West so long as Islam exists. As long as they're playing somewhat nice with Israel and the West and not starting shit that doesn't need to be started, that's the best we can hope for.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 08-15-20 at 19:42.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    So much BS, that was what this deal is.

For a decade at least both Israelis and Jews from other countries were teaching at universities in the UAE.

A lot of Israelis have been in the UAE doing business for years.

So it is like this Bibi, get's out of annexing Judea and Samaria or at least parts of it, the so called West Bank.

The deal gives us embassies and potential tourist going both ways with direct flights.

I like the UAE, last year I had guys there working. The host paid for the hotel and food all 5 star. They said you can even put the call girls on the tab, but alcohol my guys had to pay for because they didn't want to answer for the booze, if the wrong people saw it.

Israeli security and weapons have been there for years.

But 99.99% of people don't know all the above, if obummer did this it would be a noble peace prize.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Well Barakah U1 just went critical (critical is not a bad thing like the movies have made it out to be, just means that there is a stable chain reaction) for the first time on August 1. Unit 2 shouldn’t be far behind. I have many friends from the US working on those projects. I don’t think there is much Israel can/will do about them at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53781360

Thoughts?

Only way Israel would let them have a working nuclear power plant?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    So it seems that Prime Minister PeePee Nonutsinmypants couldn't get the UAE to place the embassy in Jerusalem. What a joke.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/N...ws.aspx/285330

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    So much BS, that was what this deal is.

For a decade at least both Israelis and Jews from other countries were teaching at universities in the UAE.

A lot of Israelis have been in the UAE doing business for years.

So it is like this Bibi, get's out of annexing Judea and Samaria or at least parts of it, the so called West Bank.

The deal gives us embassies and potential tourist going both ways with direct flights.

I like the UAE, last year I had guys there working. The host paid for the hotel and food all 5 star. They said you can even put the call girls on the tab, but alcohol my guys had to pay for because they didn't want to answer for the booze, if the wrong people saw it.

Israeli security and weapons have been there for years.

But 99.99% of people don't know all the above, if obummer did this it would be a noble peace prize.
    Well, I was all happy about the deal.. now Im..meh? at best.
    Ive TRIED, HARD, to study, read & learn about all the conflicts and events past & present concerning Israel. I will NEVER travel outside America again...but if I did..only to Israel would it be, period. I yearn to see it. But, for the life of me, it seems for everything i think I "know"..I dont.
    yoni- your words hold A LOT of sway here, with me anyway. I LIKE Bibi...but you dont, and I know you know more than I.
    I guess my question is this- IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE to have an intelligent, truthful opinion for the average Joe about Israel and the middle East's affairs, without having been born & brought up there? Our media HATES Israel, so I know that much. But, gettng back to the deal...why is it bad? Whats Bibi's major malfuntions, if you wish to opine?
    School me.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Here is my take on the deal;

Pro.

Exchange of embassies
    Direct fights and communications
    It should be the first of a bunch of Arab states doing the same
    Puts pressure on Iran
    Reminds the Palestinians, that other Arabs hate them more than any Israeli ever could. They don't figure into the future in the minds of other Arab states.

Con.
    Israel had to put off annexing any part of Judea and Samaria. ( so called west bank) This is the heart land of biblical Israel, if the so called 2 state solution had a chance ever it died at least 20 years ago. Only people pushing 2 state solution is a small group of leftist Israelis, a large group of American Jews, Leftist in EU and USA.
    The UAE embassy will not be in Jerusalem.
    We really only got reality on the ground changed from de jour to de facto. Israeli and Jews have been living in the UAE for I think at least a decade. So what will change.

The Middle East has 2 major problems, Iran and the Palestinians. In Iran key infrastructure has been getting blown up for over the last 2 months, IAF over flies Iran 24/7. So Iran is going to get solved either by revolution from within, or at least Israel will take out enough of their nuke program to give us time for the people to revolt. This is the biggest reason to vote for Trump.

Palestinians, they are shit. They have cause untold death in Israel, they revolted against King Hussein, who they also tried to assassinate many times. Israel saved his life many times as well as the life of the current King his son. King Hussein used to fly himself to Israel alone and when asked why he didn't need security he said the Jews don't want to kill me the Palestinians do. In September 1970 Hussein had had enough and he killed more Palestinians than Israel has through out our history.
    Arafat and company then ran to Lebanon, and upset the balance there, and the next thing you know civil war. They have never done anything worth while.

How many Nazi mothers wanted their children to blow themselves up to kill Jews? Answer none. Ask the same about Palestinians and it is a huge percent of the mothers.

They have given birth to a sick twisted society.

Why couldn't they years ago lay down terrorism and build a future together with us. To build a State that never was, that was inspired by an Egyptian homosexual that was into brutal sex with his body guards and rode terrorism into a 10,000,000,000 dollar Swiss bank account. It was a scam. When Barak at Camp David offered Arafat 98% of what he wanted Arafat turned him down. Palestinian Statehood is a scam like climate change.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I think it is a good deal. It pissed Turkey off so that is good enough for me.

You can bet your ass the potential for peace in the ME will dwindle if the Dems take over.

President Trump just seems to keep on surprising folks.
    Agree with all. Iran can inadvertently help towards Mideast peace if we continue to work it correctly. Qatar remains a problem to that end and the Saudi-led embargo is clearly not having the intended effect. The future of Saudi itself is also a huge ? and there are hundreds of outcomes there that could spell disaster for the world. Regardless, another Arab nation formally recognizing Israel is a step in the right direction.

Feedback Score
    Turkey, Iran and Palestinians are all super pissed.

That is a good thing.

If we would have got embassy in Jerusalem then annexation could be put off. But the message would be clear to the Palestinians you stole your future from yourselves . Good bye

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast