Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NX8 vs Razor III for AR10

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JWill1776 View Post
    FYI...I purchased a Razor Gen III from SportOptics yesterday afternoon, and got it for $1739, shipped. It arrives this week. To get the discount of 13% I had to call in and ask for it.

FWIW
    That's the place that I contacted yesterday afternoon and was given a backorder, saying there were 29 ahead of me. They are out.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I'm fine with waiting. I need to sell my setup first anyway. But the BDC is what really sold me on that optic, so I'm pretty much decided on it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CubeWarrior View Post
    I have an NX8 on my AR and love it. The reticle at 8x is too thick to drive with precision past 600y.
    I prefer to use the reticle to shoot long distance vs dialing with my NX8. I think it would be fine but not sure if the best or not. Lots of opinions to consider. Good luck.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-18-20 at 18:54.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Razor Gen III is the way to go. Take a look on the other site, there has been a bunch of them for sale lately. The other thing to look at, especially if you don't plan on doing much shooting on 1x, is the PST Gen II 2.5x10x. Kyle Defoor loves this optic for guns in that midrange target distance.
    Last edited by drtywk; 08-27-20 at 11:57.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Razor Gen III is the way to go. Take a look on the other site, there has been a bunch of them for sale lately. The other thing to look at, especially if you don't plan on doing much shooting on 1x, is the PST Gen II 2.5x10x. Kyle Defoor loves this optic for guns in that midrange target distance.
    What are they going for over there? I feel pretty good about getting it for $1700 or so.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JWill1776 View Post
    What are they going for over there? I feel pretty good about getting it for $1700 or so.
    That's a hair cheaper then with the Vortex mil/leo discount, so yeah, I'd feel good about that price as well lol.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I’m considering the Vortex Gen III for a 20” 308 I’m building. Is this enough scope for a 308 DMR type rifle, or should I step up to a Gen II 3-18? I plan to shoot out to 500 yards on the regular, and maybe push out to 900 - 1000 yards when the opportunity arises.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I’m considering the Vortex Gen III for a 20” 308 I’m building. Is this enough scope for a 308 DMR type rifle, or should I step up to a Gen II 3-18? I plan to shoot out to 500 yards on the regular, and maybe push out to 900 - 1000 yards when the opportunity arises.
    I'd want more for a 20" large frame gas gun. Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18 is worth a look for a smaller footprint and way less weight (seriously, 20 ounces less...). I've got a little time behind the Gen II 3-18 and it's a great piece of glass but dang...it makes an already heavy platform much heavier.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    I'd want more for a 20" large frame gas gun. Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18 is worth a look for a smaller footprint and way less weight (seriously, 20 ounces less...). I've got a little time behind the Gen II 3-18 and it's a great piece of glass but dang...it makes an already heavy platform much heavier.
    Exactly this. For that 20" 308, you'll want to stretch it out a bit, and that extra magnification of that particular Leupy model will do the job. I've read recent reviews of that specific scope on the Hide, in fact I was weighing between that one and the NF NX8 2.5-20x for my Grendel. The NF won--barely--on features and reticle. But it seemed to be consensus that the Leupy has the slightly superior glass.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Exactly this. For that 20" 308, you'll want to stretch it out a bit, and that extra magnification of that particular Leupy model will do the job. I've read recent reviews of that specific scope on the Hide, in fact I was weighing between that one and the NF NX8 2.5-20x for my Grendel. The NF won--barely--on features and reticle. But it seemed to be consensus that the Leupy has the slightly superior glass.
    I’ve been looking pretty hard at the Mark 5 as well. For the money I get more with the Razor, as anything with illumination on the Mark 5 goes over $2k it seems. $2k is my max budget for optic, to include the mount.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast