Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NX8 vs Razor III for AR10

Feedback Score
    I’m interested in purchasing a Razor HD Gen 3 1-10X with MRAD. If anyone is selling one or knows where it is in stock please PM me.

Feedback Score
    Clyde armory had them in stock. Call to verify as their website isn’t kept up to date.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    An S&B 3-12 PMII is more than enough to drive an SR25/AR10 to 1K. I love 5-25x scopes on my bolt guns, but its probably too much for an AR10.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CubeWarrior View Post
    An S&B 3-12 PMII is more than enough to drive an SR25/AR10 to 1K. I love 5-25x scopes on my bolt guns, but its probably too much for an AR10.
    I def agree. I think 2.5-10 or 3-12/15 is the sweet spot for an AR-10/precision orientated gas-gun...especially with a 40-44x objective. I think the LPVO, specifically 1x- movement is best suited on general use/jack of all trades builds, not precision/mostly long range use. But hey, what do I know lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post

Here's my new setup. I really like it.

The good:
    --Noticeably lighter than my old setup. The Accupower was about 4 ounces heavier, and so was the Bobro mount. In total I've saved about 1/2 lb, which I can feel.
    --So much brighter... Actually useful during the day! Feels almost like an Aimpoint on 1X. The brightest setting on the Accupower was about as bright as 7 out of 11 on the Razor. Also locking brightness knob, nice.
    --I love the wind holds on the reticle, and pretty much everything about the reticle itself. The translucent center portion is a really cool innovation.
    I much prefer the BDC to the MOA that I had on the Accupower. No need to memorize (and forget) that anymore, back to BDCs like everything else that I have (ACOGs).

The bad:
    --On lower magnifications with the reticle off, the thick crosshairs on the outer edges, which are supposed to be used to "bracket" the target, don't come close enough in to the center reticle. I like how the NX8 is setup for this. It's also very difficult to read the subtentions on anything less than 6.
    --Not as clear or bright image as the Accupower. That had noticeably better optical clarity and eyebox. Most noticeable, however, is the light transmission. At about 7x, it starts to get quite dark, and on 10x it's like looking through sunglasses. So the Accupower is better in this regard for sure.
    Eye relief is similar, on the edge of being almost too much. If I was using a 5.56 receiver, I would need a super extended mount like the LaRue LT239 for sure.
    --Turret design was much better on the Accupower. Loved the simple and locking turrets, that could be rezeroed without tools.

But all in all, I'm happy with my purchase and the setup now. There's always a give and take, but the weight savings and brightness were definitely worth it.
    Did you have red or green illumination on your scope and was it MOA or MRAD and are you still trying to sell it?

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    Did you have red or green illumination on your scope and was it MOA or MRAD and are you still trying to sell it?
    It was red, MOA. It sold and the funds went to buying this Razor Gen III.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Yep gotta do what's right for your rifle. I'm guess if your experiences end up like mine, you'll end up wishing for more magnification on anything above a 5.56 that you plan to shoot beyond 400-500y. Another one to consider--awesome glass and features if on a budget--this Vortex. Their MRAD reticle is excellent.

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-vipe...x_reticle=1503
    I have this scope on a 556 dmr. It is a good budget option. I got mine on sale for 650 from scheels if I remember correctly.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I got to look through the razor 1-10 and the NF ATACR 1-8 side by side. The razor is more or a dot on 1x while the NF is a bigger dot. The NF center point of the reticle on 8x is a pretty big dot while the razor seemed smaller. But on the higher end of the magnification the razor doesn’t seem to have the same glass clarity and brightness of the NF.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I got to look through the razor 1-10 and the NF ATACR 1-8 side by side. The razor is more or a dot on 1x while the NF is a bigger dot. The NF center point of the reticle on 8x is a pretty big dot while the razor seemed smaller. But on the higher end of the magnification the razor doesn’t seem to have the same glass clarity and brightness of the NF.
    I definitely agree with this. On high magnification, the Razor gets pretty dim. 6 or below is fine, but between 6-10 the clarity and eyebox really drop off.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast