Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silencerco 9k won't come off my damn Beretta 92A3!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Silencerco 9k won't come off my damn Beretta 92A3!

Hey guy,

Man, this one has been a bitch. I shot about 200 rounds and got her hot as Hell then put her up. Can won't come off. Went and shot it about 50 times to heat it up and it wouldn't come lose. Tried Kroil. Tried a strap wrench. I really don't want to go much harder on the can itself because I don't want to booger the threads. I guess I will send it to silencer Co. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Clamp (vise) the slide / barrel and use locking pliers at the base of the piston. Also on a beretta you need to run the can with a fixed barrel spacer in place of the spring...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    For the fixed spacer part, is that due to the Beretta barrel not locking/tilting like a Browning style barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin338 View Post
    Clamp (vise) the slide / barrel and use locking pliers at the base of the piston. Also on a beretta you need to run the can with a fixed barrel spacer in place of the spring...
    Similarly related...is there someone that makes a crows-foot of sorts that can be used to screw/unscrew the piston assembly from the can (specific to the 9k and the Octane)?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    For the fixed spacer part, is that due to the Beretta barrel not locking/tilting like a Browning style barrel?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Similarly related...is there someone that makes a crows-foot of sorts that can be used to screw/unscrew the piston assembly from the can (specific to the 9k and the Octane)?
    Not that I've seen... an adjustable wrench gets the job done

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin338 View Post
    This is false.

Some Beretta 92 series guns can run fixed barrel mounts depending on ammo strength/suppressor weight, but SilencerCo and most other manufacturers recommend running a piston on a 92 series for reliability.

Source: SilencerCo
    Source 2: Thousands of trouble-free suppressed rounds through M9A3s and an Octane 9 with a piston

Source 3: Capitol Armory

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/B...er-/20-495323/

Josh @ Capitol Armory:

Beretta's should have a booster.

They will half-way kind of work with fixed barrel spacers. You would need a very light can, and they may be picky with what ammo they'll run with. If you want it to "maybe" work, then no booster. If you want it to work, booster.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 08-16-20 at 07:31.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I run a booster on mine because the literature i have read from SiCo says it is recommended. Thought is quite odd for a semi-auto pistol to run a fixed spacer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    This is false.

Some Beretta 92 series guns can run fixed barrel mounts depending on ammo strength/suppressor weight, but SilencerCo and most other manufacturers recommend running a piston on a 92 series for reliability.

Source: SilencerCo
    Source 2: Thousands of trouble-free suppressed rounds through M9A3s and an Octane 9 with a piston

Source 3: Capitol Armory

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/B...er-/20-495323/
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've had this happen on another pistol. Threw the barrel, spring & piston in an ultrasonic cleaner for 3 minutes. Broke up enough carbon to get it apart. Another 1/2 hour to clean. I use moly grease on both threads these days to help avoid this.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Silencerco told me they just jam a screw driver through the holes in the adapter. Very ghetto

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Silencerco told me they just jam a screw driver through the holes in the adapter. Very ghetto
    Did it work?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I usually have a rubber pipe wrench in my range bag for stuck pistons and cans. Works every-time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast