Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory FBI Professional or Wilson/Nighthawk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I have 5 Wilsons with this gun and they all function with all of the types of FMJs and HPs I've been able to find so far.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    Maybe look at something like the adjustable battle sight from Wilson?

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-...oductinfo/860/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have my attention.

I talked to Karl and KGB thanks to Gaijin. Fair price, reasonable turn around, and solid work. But something about cutting into a Professional with a relatively "proprietary" rear sight makes me nervous.

This paired with a FO front might be what I'm looking for.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    The existing, fixes RS Novak Dovetail dimensions wont work with the BoMar style RS base dimension PB.

Brandon Bunker (Bunker Arms) developed a sight base that can be milled on a slide that works with the existing Novak dovetail and accepts the sight mechanism (blade/adjustment portion) of a BoMar or clone.
    Karl Beining (KGB Arms) was one of the smiths that worked with Brandon on this project and does the dovetail mod (along with others).

Here's a 2019 Staccato P, before/after, with this mod.
    Damn those look good.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    You have my attention.

I talked to Karl and KGB thanks to Gaijin. Fair price, reasonable turn around, and solid work. But something about cutting into a Professional with a relatively "proprietary" rear sight makes me nervous.

This paired with a FO front might be what I'm looking for.
    That’s personally the route I would go. Either way, I’m glad to hear your enjoying the Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Highly recommend not screwing with the sights- especially cutting the slide.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    What 8 round .45 magazines do the SA Pros like? Wilson? CMC railed power mags? Tripp?
    I run mostly Wilsons but have run many others and none had issues. The Pro in 9mm doesn't like Wilsons which is odd. Wouldnt lock-back sometimes. And they ship with Chips if my memory serves me. SA made no apologies for them not running well with Wilsons. SA CS has been outstanding for me in the past and found this odd.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I run mostly Wilsons but have run many others and none had issues. The Pro in 9mm doesn't like Wilsons which is odd. Wouldnt lock-back sometimes. And they ship with Chips if my memory serves me. SA made no apologies for them not running well with Wilsons. SA CS has been outstanding for me in the past and found this odd.

PB
    I used to be a 47D fan, but Tripp mags are the only ones that have worked 100% in every 1911 I have ever owned. They're all I use now. Haven't shot my Dan Wesson 9mm yet, but I'll be running Tripp mags with that, too.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    I used to be a 47D fan, but Tripp mags are the only ones that have worked 100% in every 1911 I have ever owned. They're all I use now. Haven't shot my Dan Wesson 9mm yet, but I'll be running Tripp mags with that, too.
    My 9 Valor Dan & Wesson runs with everything fine. I had handled a DW 45 in my LGS and saw one on GB for way cheap and grabbed it. Its been a solid citizen.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I only have one 1911 and it's a Springfield collaboration with Hilton Yam. Super smooth and really accurate. I'm looking for a 9MM Commander 1911 and I'm leaning toward a Wilson. I don't shoot the 1911 as well as my Glocks but I love to carry it.

Untitled by Cory Fluck, on Flickr
    The 10-8 Operators are so awesome. You’re a lucky man, highly jealous you have one of the originals.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast