Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
In today's climate, it must be nice to be able to shoot 300 rounds and have 1000 more to burn.
LOL. Sorry. That makes me sad. I bought 2000 rounds for the year prior to the pandemic. :-( I like your line about Glocks by the way.

Anyhow, I went back to the local indoor range and put another 200 rounds through my Springfield Pro. Only had a few failures to feed. One from a CMC Powermag loaded with Winchester PDX-1s (it was the first round of the 8 round mag.....and I slingshot the slide). I had another failure to feed from one of Springfield's 7 round mags (again, the first round of a loaded mag, slide was sling shot). Otherwise that was it. The Wilson ETMs had their followers and springs changed, and they all ran flawless (I had some spring/follower kits on hand). Without the shok-buff, the gun cycles slightly different but no better or worse than my nighthawk.

I'm waiting on a flat wire recoil spring kit next. I have one on my Nighthawk Talon II and love it. I think the cycling and recoil impulse is smoother with the flat wire recoil springs. I also have to dremel out a notch for my VZ grips with the ambi safety (I'm going to see if VZ can do it for me rather than I try it). Last, I think a 10-8 slide stop would be great. Otherwise, I need a free weekend to shoot an IDPA match with it ;-)