Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory FBI Professional or Wilson/Nighthawk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    FWIW I like that 9mm PROs seem to be popping up semi frequently now. 45 pedigree notwithstanding.

Also given the street price used I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a better 1911 for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Have a trp op, it’s a great accurate hard use gun. I also have a wc elite and love it. You can’t go wrong with either. I did ditch the guide rod in both and upgraded to a Dawson precision. Where you press the detention and it pops up a stopper to aid it breaking them down. It’s worked flawless as have they.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Are you looking at railed/ non rail, .45 ACP/9mm Euro?
    Original post states 45 Auto. Or, as the kids are calling it these days, 45 AARP.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    : )
    Got it. Being a skim reader, in addition to being in the grips of geezerhood, that escaped me.
    Clever tho.

SA makes both calibers, in addition to railed and non.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    : )
    Got it. Being a skim reader, in addition to being in the grips of geezerhood, that escaped me.
    Clever tho.

SA makes both calibers, in addition to railed and non.
    I think 5” Railed, or not railed if Commander sized.

But I’ve heard commander sized 1911s are unreliable and break easily. Is this true or old school thinking?

I love the Nighthawk options in this size.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

But I’ve heard commander sized 1911s are unreliable and break easily. Is this true or old school thinking?

The reputable mfg’s have got the spring rates dialed in and the guns will function. BUT, I prefer to keep it simple and stick with the full size, especially with 45.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

The Commander sized guns run fine. (The Staccato P, or whatever they call it this year is a "Commander sized" gun.)
    I have had trouble with UNramped barrels in .45 AARP with the LW frame guns; sharp ogive JHP's would chew through the frames anodizing causing FTF after a bunch of rds.
    I used either steel frame/ramp inserts or ramped barrels after they became available, and they worked fine.
    The notion that Commander sized guns are unreliable has been successfully dispelled.

There is every reason to believe the Nighthawk Commander size guns would be GTG.

The "Officer sized"/3"+ barrel were/are subject to spotty reliability if they are NOT SET UP correctly. The slide is short enough there is very little margin for error in fitment of parts or "timing".
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Check PM Euro, sent a link.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If I were ever to buy another 1911, a Nighthawk Falcon would be on the top of my list. Their new Colt Series 70's look great for an old-school build as well

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Since the topic is about the Springfield Pro, here's a picture of the one with a couple thousand rounds through:

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast