Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory FBI Professional or Wilson/Nighthawk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Since the topic is about the Springfield Pro, here's a picture of the one with a couple thousand rounds through:

I bought a

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Since the topic is about the Springfield Pro, here's a picture of the one with a couple thousand rounds through:

Bae.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Springfield Armory FBI Professional or Wilson/Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I bought a
    Congrats man. The one you found on the other forum was a great buy. Nicely done.

Last edited by Nightstalker865; 08-17-20 at 17:43.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    Congrats man. The one you found on the other forum was a great buy. Nicely done.

Whoops! I don’t even remember posting that! Haha. Thank you.

Meant to say I got a Nowlin barrel SA Pro. Don’t have it yet but super excited. Will definitely post pics.

Big thanks to everyone for your help and especially Gaijin who PM’d me about this deal. I thought I’d spend a lot more time doing research before I jumped on one but it seemed like an awesome deal and exactly what I was looking for (5” w/ rail)

Excited to see what all this “slide feels like it’s on ball bearings” talk means. I must be unrefined because I thought my Glocks were smooth!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's great. Don't forget to share your thoughts on it, and how it compares to the Nighthawks and Wilsons you've seen.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    You’re gonna like it Euro.
    The ones from Dave Williams era were arguably, the best.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    You’re gonna like it Euro.
    The ones from Dave Williams era were arguably, the best.
    Is Mr. Williams no longer with SACS?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I can find a reference to 2017 of Dave still being with SA's, but a March 2018 reference of a Don Stogsdill is referred to as "Team Leader of the Custom Shop".

To my knowledge, if the Custom Shop is still in business, their output is a trickle of what it once was.

The Glory Years for the Custom Shop were in the late late 90's (FBI gun accepted in '98 from memory) to maybe 2010+, but with the continuing widespread acceptance of Glock/Polymer guns causing the Custom Shop to become a shell of what it once was.

The gun Euro purchased dates from June, 2005, squarely in the middle of the Glory Years.

This from LAV's book on SA's Custom shop project for Delta Force, I guess a "Sister Project" to the "FBI gun":

...The Unit needed to commission some new pistols to replace old ones that had worn out . They also wanted frames with an integral light rail and a tactical magwell . The Unit's arms room wanted to utilize Caspian frames and slides , which had proven themselves over years of use and abuse with a staggering amount of .45 ACP ball ammo.
    However , Caspian only manufactures components and doesn't build guns. Vickers suggested that the Unit work with Dave Williams at Springfield Armory Custom Shop, who was more than happy to complete the builds .

These guns were the last variation of the single-stack 1911 to be used by Delta Force.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Glory Years for the Custom Shop were in the late late 90's (FBI gun accepted in '98 from memory) to maybe 2010+...
    I adore my 2008 vintage Custom Carry. Not as feature rich as the Pro, but made with the same skilled hands and attention to detail.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I can find a reference to 2017 of Dave still being with SA's, but a March 2018 reference of a Don Stogsdill is referred to as "Team Leader of the Custom Shop".

To my knowledge, if the Custom Shop is still in business, their output is a trickle of what it once was.

The Glory Years for the Custom Shop were in the late late 90's (FBI gun accepted in '98 from memory) to maybe 2010+, but with the continuing widespread acceptance of Glock/Polymer guns causing the Custom Shop to become a shell of what it once was.

The gun Euro purchased dates from June, 2005, squarely in the middle of the Glory Years.

This from LAV's book on SA's Custom shop project for Delta Force, I guess a "Sister Project" to the "FBI gun":

...The Unit needed to commission some new pistols to replace old ones that had worn out . They also wanted frames with an integral light rail and a tactical magwell . The Unit's arms room wanted to utilize Caspian frames and slides , which had proven themselves over years of use and abuse with a staggering amount of .45 ACP ball ammo.
    However , Caspian only manufactures components and doesn't build guns. Vickers suggested that the Unit work with Dave Williams at Springfield Armory Custom Shop, who was more than happy to complete the builds .

These guns were the last variation of the single-stack 1911 to be used by Delta Force.
    Dave Williams was/is a great guy and great 1911 smith. He was also willing to talk to customers though incredibly busy. I spoke with him on the phone one time about work that SACS did for me on a SA 45 that I've posted about in this forum, he was incredibly helpful and pretty much knows everything there is to know about the platform.

To get a pistol from the "Dave era" is truly something special, Euro you couldn't have landed a much sweeter deal than that. And yeah, my bias, glad you got a classic 1911. You're gonna love it.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast