Thread: Springfield Armory FBI Professional or Wilson/Nighthawk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Perfection...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Killer.

Used to see and shoot with Dave from time to time in late 80’s at Area USPSA matches.
    Always enjoyed him.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I'm just kind of shocked that LAV would use SAI to build a pistol with his name on it if Dave Williams isn't even running (or working for) SACS, any more.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    What a lost to Springfield that Dave Williams doesn't work for them anymore. He was almost always at the Single Stack Classic and was great to answer questions. I also have a Professional and a 1911 in .40 that the Custom Shop built for me. Hope he's doing well.

Feedback Score
    Check out Ed Brown 1911s.

https://www.edbrown.com/handguns/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Grandprairie; 08-18-20 at 14:32.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I'm just kind of shocked that LAV would use SAI to build a pistol with his name on it if Dave Williams isn't even running (or working for) SACS, any more.
    Perhaps my quote was misleading, the gun(s) referred to were for Delta Force, a long time ago, when Dave was running the CS.
    Nothing recent, nothing for LAV personally.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Whoops! I don’t even remember posting that! Haha. Thank you.

Meant to say I got a Nowlin barrel SA Pro. Don’t have it yet but super excited. Will definitely post pics.

Big thanks to everyone for your help and especially Gaijin who PM’d me about this deal. I thought I’d spend a lot more time doing research before I jumped on one but it seemed like an awesome deal and exactly what I was looking for (5” w/ rail)

Excited to see what all this “slide feels like it’s on ball bearings” talk means. I must be unrefined because I thought my Glocks were smooth!
    I have a Pro in 45 & 9. IMHO, the SA guns are not known for smooth slides. When I bought my first TRP I thought, holly shit no way this thing will cycle. Never malt'd.

They are built very tight and run run run. Built to make the long haul and cycle every time. You should read about the FBI testing protocols that SA won. It is very impressive. I have a NHC Heine TDP model, and that slide is like "ball bearings". Just preparing you for the arrival of your new blaster.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have a Pro in 45 & 9. IMHO, the SA guns are not known for smooth slides. When I bought my first TRP I thought, holly shit no way this thing will cycle. Never malt'd.

They are built very tight and run run run. Built to make the long haul and cycle every time. You should read about the FBI testing protocols that SA won. It is very impressive. I have a NHC Heine TDP model, and that slide is like "ball bearings". Just preparing you for the arrival of your new blaster.

PB
    I imagine the 9mm offering would be a hoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The 9mm 1911's do have very smooth slides and its crazy how smooth they shoot. I shot my full powered 45 banger, and even with a hefty 1911, it illustrated to me how soft 9mm has made me. 9mm Spoils people. I still like my 45's. I only have 1911's and one HK45 in 45acp these days.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    The Heinie TDP was actually the only thing I was considering next to the Pro.

I’ll check out the testing. I know next to nothing about 1911s. I think prior to learning about Staccatos a month ago I’d never even entered this forum and I’ve been here for ten years lol
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast