Thread: Experience with AAC Ti-Rant M

Feedback Score

Experience with AAC Ti-Rant M

Just bought one from Silencer Shop. I didnt really do alot of research, just bought it because i needed a 9mm can. I liked it because its like 2 suppressors in 1. Any pros/cons?

Feedback Score
    Have one and like it a lot. It spends most of it's time with a 3-lug adapter on an AR-9, where it's great. It's fun on pistols, don't get me wrong, but suppressed pistols are kind of a PITA for actual use, in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have several of the original Ti-Rants. They are great cans lightweight, quiet, and low back pressure. The only downside is spotty availability of accesories (especially the three lug adapter) from AAC. If you think you will ever need pistons or a 3 lug buy them as soon as you see them available.

I have not bought the M model because I'm not a fan of modular cans, I always run them in the shortest setting. Adding the extended piece is just adding a failure point IMO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    Adding the extended piece is just adding a failure point IMO.
    why is that?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by machinegunman View Post
    why is that?
    You're adding more threaded connections and individual pieces to a tube that a bullet passes through. I have had them loosen up and I have witnessed baffle strikes.

I end up loctiting them or just permanently running them short. Either way, they never end up very modular.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have the 45 ti rant and have used it on Glock 21, Angstadt 9mm pistol, a 300 BO with subsonic , and Glock 19 and 19X. I can't compare it to much and can say it's versatile and expensive when you buy multiple pistons. I've tried the short and long versions and prefer it in the shorter configuration. Shooting it wet and in the longer configuration shows how quiet it can be.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    ive heard about shooting a suppressor wet, what exactly does that do? Make it more quieter? I have some suppressor foam i got a year or so ago which i have never tried.