Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beat up 5.56 round restoration.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
    You're a better man than I.

I would have sent that round as is. I simply would have closed my eyes and winced when pulling the trigger.
    It would never have chambered or I would have just fired it.

Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Do you have any idea on the make of powder? It looks a lot like Ramshot TAC. (Nah, probably isn’t that stuff).
    No idea. All ball looks the same. Whatever Fed/LC would run in M855.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I picked up a 9mm ball round in front of some new age hippie weirdo health store and threw it in the back of my truck for a year or so - it was quite dark but fired fine.

Andy

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm going to fire form the remaining dents out of this round this weekend. The interesting thing about this round is how well the cartridge looked inside. People flip out about ammo storage but if this round could fit in a chamber, it would have fired just fine.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That round looks smoother than some of the roll your own I've seen on the range from being drowned in lube during FL...some folks have no business touching a press.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I shot this round yesterday and popped the 500 yard steel. Now the brass is fire formed back into the regular rotation.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Any pic of it post firing?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Any pic of it post firing?
    I can get one after work. I baggied it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12