Thread: Legacy Surefire suppressor

Feedback Score

Legacy Surefire suppressor

Does anyone have experience using a legacy Surefire suppressor with the newer SOCOM muzzle devices?

Search’s say it’s not supposed to work, but may work and just allow the suppressor to rotate since there is no index pin.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have a SF 556-212...My 3 tine SF SOCOM flash hider will not keep it locked in place. I would be worried about a baffle strike with can rotating about freely. I use legacy mounts on everything I want to mount the suppressor on. It is possible the newer SOCOM cans will lock onto a legacy mount, but I wouldn't want to try the other way. My $.02.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't, for the same reason stated above. The possibility of a baffle strike would be an expensive mistake for something easily preventable.

Feedback Score
    I was under the impression it only lacked the index pin so the suppressor could be turned. Using a SOCOM device isn’t my first choice. If only Surefire didn’t drop support for the legacy’s.

They might do a run of muzzle devices someday, of course they are Well over $200.