Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 22LR AR15 buying advice needed

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    My SiCo Specter II doesn’t fit the threads on my M&P15-22P. The 15-22’s threads are too long for the can. The can has a maximum thread depth of .4” (which is a ridiculous pain in the ass). My Pilot II fits fine. Not sure about other .22 cans. Just an FYI.
    Last edited by CRAMBONE; 02-11-21 at 13:46.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    My SiCo Specter II doesn’t fit the threads on my M&P15-22P. The 15-22’s threads are too long for the can. The can has a maximum thread depth of .4” (which is a ridiculous pain in the ass). My Pilot II fits fine. Not sure about other .22 cans. Just an FYI.
    I’ve seen that on a few 22LR rifles. It can affect group size to the point of frustration. You can get shims to put between the can and the end of the barrel to make the barrel not protrude too deeply into the can. I’ve seen groups at 50yds from this issue shrink from 2”-3” to 3/4”. This was on a Savage MK II with a SiCo Warlock II, if I remember right.

ETA: SiCo actually makes a spacer to fix this.... https://silencerco.com/shop/delta-th...spacer-1-2-28/
    Last edited by SBRSarge; 02-12-21 at 01:17.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I’d would just be great if manufacturers would cut .22lr guns to the .22lr pattern and not 5.56. But the SiCo is the only can I’ve had this issue with. And the SiCo spacer came with the Specter II. It isn’t wide enough to fill the gaps in the three muzzles I have tried to mount it to. And I believe SiCo recommends not using more than one spacer.
    Last edited by CRAMBONE; 02-13-21 at 21:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Little late updating here but I purchased a Tippman Arms M4 Micro Pistol. It runs well on subs and supers. I didn't have any problems at all running it suppressed (dead air mask) or unsuppressed. When I used Aguila Super Extra it was still very quiet, just slightly louder than using standard velocity or slower. I tried using Aguila Colibri, it couldn't cycle that ammo.

If I were to do it again, I would go with the 10" barrel instead of the 7".

Overall I'm happy with my purchase, I just wish I would have gotten the 10".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have you tried Precision Armament "Accu-Washers"? They're sold at Brownells. Maybe those can solve the problem of having threads that are too long.

Feedback Score
    Gotta say I'm a little perplexed by the super-short barreled 'pistols', in whatever caliber. Eight to 10" is still very handy, and picks up some velocity compared to ordinary handguns. Makes it harder to get your hand in front of the muzzle, too.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    Gotta say I'm a little perplexed by the super-short barreled 'pistols', in whatever caliber. Eight to 10" is still very handy, and picks up some velocity compared to ordinary handguns. Makes it harder to get your hand in front of the muzzle, too.
    Moon
    Some folks run short barrels expressly to keep the projectiles subsonic for supressor use.

Feedback Score
    Andy', that may well be the case, tho' "If short is kewl, really short is really kewl.
    Now if a surpressor is really the objective, then a shorter barrel would keep the overall length down, so there is that.
    CZ makes a Scorpion with an 8" barrel and an integral/telescoped supressor, so the package stayed short.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    Andy', that may well be the case, tho' "If short is kewl, really short is really kewl.
    Now if a surpressor is really the objective, then a shorter barrel would keep the overall length down, so there is that.
    CZ makes a Scorpion with an 8" barrel and an integral/telescoped supressor, so the package stayed short.
    Moon
    I'm going to see if Tippman will sell me a longer barrel. Slowing down hotter .22 rounds was an objective of mine initially, but having a pistol similar in length to my SBR's now seems like the better route for me to take. I've got an ALG rail that will be a little nicer than the factory ones that come on the Tippmans also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ghideon View Post
    Might want to check this thread:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Pressure-Plug

I use a dedicated AR15 lower for my 22, and use S&W mags with the following bolt catch:
    https://arcatch22.com/

This gives me last round hold open. This a rifle length 22, but I see no reason it wouldn't work for a pistol.

I built a custom dedicated AR-22 last summer 2020 (purchased parts over 12-16 months or so). I didn't have a pressure plug before but after some more reading I purchased two of them a couple months ago.
    I really like the M&P 15-22 mags, I also use the ARCatch22 on each magazine which makes them seat very well. Highly recommend.

I used to have a McFadden Ultimate Cliploader that worked good ((sold it with some other 22 I used to have (no clue what though)). Didn't know about the McFadden Lightnin' Grip Loader, for sure getting that next month or in April (+ 3 adapters I'll need for it). Emailed McFadden to make sure that their M&P 15-22 mags work with the ARCatch22 adapters on each magazine or not. Either way still getting it for my regular AR22 mags and my M&P22 Compact mags.

I have really liked CMMG parts and as a company they stood behind their 22lr conversion when a part broke on my previous build (part was 5-7 years old or so). They were very nice to work with, so I look to them first for barrels... then decide from there.

I first started doing Paintball in 1992 or so and Tippman was a good bet to go with back then. Good to hear they also make AR22's.
    Well and that 9mm Gatling Gun !!
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." Thomas Jefferson

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast