Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 22LR AR15 buying advice needed

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Initially I was, then I started checking out other options. The Tippmann doesn't use polymer recievers, and all of the features of the AR15 are present and functional on the tippmann. I handled the rifle version of the Tippmann at my lgs and was impressed at how solid it felt.

I haven't had the chance to handle a Banshee yet.

Both have gotten pretty darn good reviews.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfAGunn View Post
    Initially I was, then I started checking out other options. The Tippmann doesn't use polymer recievers, and all of the features of the AR15 are present and functional on the tippmann. I handled the rifle version of the Tippmann at my lgs and was impressed at how solid it felt.

I haven't had the chance to handle a Banshee yet.

Both have gotten pretty darn good reviews.

Tippmann used to be a paintball company. Not that they can’t make a firearm correctly, but at least S&W has been doing it for a while. Plus that actual gun has been out for many years and has tons of use so it’s the closest thing to a known entity. Your money, but I got tired of wasting money on new products a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Makes sense. I think they used to make firearms originally.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why not just get a S&W M&P 15-22? That's as close to a gold standard for a .22LR AR as there is.
    I agree that they are pretty slick. I have two of them. The one downside is is that the weight and balance isn’t right. You can get much closer to the handling of a full-size by going with a kit gun.

One accessory I think you absolutely have to have to enjoy these guns is a speed loader. This is the one that I have works great with the S and W mags.

https://www.mcfaden.com/product-p/lightnin-grip.htm
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just watched a video on that thing!! WOW, thanks man. You just spent some money vicariously through me. I imagine that loader will work for pistol mags as well. I agree on the weight of the M&P, the Tippmann felt very close to an actual AR15.
    Last edited by SonOfAGunn; 08-19-20 at 23:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfAGunn View Post
    Just watched a video on that thing!! WOW, thanks man. You just spent some money vicariously through me. I imagine that loader will work for pistol mags as well. I agree on the weight of the M&P, the Tippmann felt very close to an actual AR15.
    There are different adaptors for mags. I have a MP 22 handgun that it works with. Be warned though, you’ll burn through a lot of 22 ammo!
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Why not just get a S&W M&P 15-22? That's as close to a gold standard for a .22LR AR as there is.
    Dedicated is the way to go, if you want an honest trainer. The S&W feels cheap & plasticky; since the dedicated uses a regular lower, not only do the fire controls "feel" right, you also have an instant backup, if one of your regular AR's goes down.

Back when Tactical Solutions used to make such things, I bought one of their uppers, took the oval handguards off, knocked off the front sight base, installed a DD Omega rail, and mated it to an Aero lower I picked up off another board (ARF-X stock was already installed).

Times change, and so did my 5.56 rifles. So I recently changed my AR .22 around, to better approximate my HD rifle in particular.

My HD rifle, for comparison.

Last edited by The_War_Wagon; 08-23-20 at 11:39. Reason: Cos' I 'r' not sech a gud speler! :-p
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    +1 Mine runs like a top. Its awesome.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have a 16" dedicated rimfire upper that has been trouble free over 3000+ rounds, with the exception of Mini Mags (which is weird). I use Black Dog or RTB (CMMG) magazines with zero issues. They don't lock back, but I don't really care. I use the McFadden Lightning Loader as well, definitely a fan.

I feel that convenience is the only advantage of a dedicated 22 AR. I like the freedom of swapping my .22 LR upper onto any of the lowers I feel like using.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 08-20-20 at 20:30.

Feedback Score
    I’ve been running a S&W M&P 15/22 since they first came out. Other than 1 blown extractor shortly after buying it. It’s been a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast