Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minimizing Gas to Face

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJinPA View Post
    Never thought about venting through the forward assist. Would drilling a hole in my existing FA accomplish the same thing as the one above?
    There was a company that sold something like that. Not sure how effective it was.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    There was a company that sold something like that. Not sure how effective it was.
    Simplistic Shooting Solutions AR Gas Vent.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJinPA View Post
    Never thought about venting through the forward assist. Would drilling a hole in my existing FA accomplish the same thing as the one above?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, getting ready to try it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/300BLK/comm..._a_suppressor/

I'm a lefty so it's not for use on any of my rifles. Getting a suppressor 'for' my wife.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 08-22-20 at 15:46.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll give it a shot & report back as well...just, so frig'n hot.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You know, I have run suppressors for over a decade. I am really "old school" and usually run my nose to charging handle for consistently of cheekweld etc....I have NEVER experienced this phenomena of "gas to the face". Heard people talk about it, seen the "gas buster" charging handles and recommendations of "siliconing" a plug in the charging handle etc...Just never had the issue for some reason. Now, I will say this, I do run VLTOR Mod3 Charging Handles on every rifle I own if that makes a difference....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My shoots are 50/50 having the problem & have shrugged it off to wind...can be really bad in FA & frustrating for sure. When I first saw the contraption wasn't sure if it wouldn't make it actually make it worse, so will be a fun experiment & something to do. I have the pri w/ silicone but will look at the mod3.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    ....I have NEVER experienced this phenomena of "gas to the face".
    You're blessed. I wouldn't call it a phenomena... I'd call it phenomenally annoying.

It's nasty stuff. If you ever pop open your upper and pull the BCG out right after firing some suppressed rounds, you can't even see down the bore because of the toxic cloud that's in there. YUCK!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    You know, I have run suppressors for over a decade. I am really "old school" and usually run my nose to charging handle for consistently of cheekweld etc....I have NEVER experienced this phenomena of "gas to the face". Heard people talk about it, seen the "gas buster" charging handles and recommendations of "siliconing" a plug in the charging handle etc...Just never had the issue for some reason. Now, I will say this, I do run VLTOR Mod3 Charging Handles on every rifle I own if that makes a difference....
    What suppressors are you using?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12