Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple rounds fired with trigger pull, need to fix.

Feedback Score

Multiple rounds fired with trigger pull, need to fix.

Hola,
    Well my son in law put together an AR-15. He used a Tennessee Arms polymer lower and a generic parts kit. This was not from Tennessee Arms, not sure where. The upper was a generic, fully assembled upper (with BCG and charging handle) from PSA. At the range he put a standard (metal) AR-15 mag in. It went auto. It fired until he let off the trigger. Needless to say we bagged it until we could get home and then dismantled it. I told him I would take a look at it but was wondering where I should start. The upper ran fine on my AR-15, just to verify that. The rifle was not function checked after it was put together and before it was test fired. I would like to think that it is something in the trigger group but is there anything I should look at concerning the lower receiver itself?

Gracias

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Possibly an issue with the disconnector allowing the hammer to follow the bolt.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Replace the hammer/trigger/disconnector.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    80% lower? I assume trigger/hammer pins spacing misalignment could cause the issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manwich View Post
    80% lower? I assume trigger/hammer pins spacing misalignment could cause the issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    No, this was one of their fully drilled ones. It has brass inserts where parts screw together (buffer tube and pistol grip). Everything went together fine but this is the first time for either of us to use a polymer lower and wanted to weed this out as the problem.

Feedback Score
    Any way to measure the fcg pin holes? Could be something is binding the hammer/disconnect.

I would look at systematically replacing fcg components. I would start with disconnect/hammer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have you function checked it since getting home?

In addition to the obvious parts issues possibility, blown primers can end up in the fire control group and cause problems too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Have you function checked it since getting home?

In addition to the obvious parts issues possibility, blown primers can end up in the fire control group and cause problems too.
    Hello,

That has not been done. To be honest my son-in-law didn't want anything that could be seen as an attempt at making an illegal gun. I took it apart for him. I am going to measure the lower and compare hole location with my rifle and then go over the parts to see if the sizes are the same, if there are any burs, cracks or something we (really I) should have noticed while putting it together. I'm hoping that it is something simple, that can be replaced in lieu of the entire lower. Although I have heard that Tennessee Arms has a good warranty and customer service.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Multiple rounds fired with trigger pull, need to fix.

Add pictures of the FCG. My money is on a damaged disconnector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    You don't need ammo to function check the trigger parts.

Put it back together and check it out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast