Man I have been putting together a new toy and just waiting for some time to play. CZ At-One with a Vortex Viper VHS-4325. Finally got the rail and rings in to mount the scope and was planning to shoot today after a quick clean. Have an issue with the Pro-Shot getting rifling cuts in it. Called Pro-Shot but it was after hours, so I thought I would ask here. I pushed a 22 patch and jag down the barrel and I felt a little resistance like the patch folding over the jag, normal. However, when I dropped the patch out of the muzzle and returned back to the breech there was still slight resistance. I looked at the rod and it has an imprint of the rifling all the way down it and is very noticeable in a section about 4” long 2” from the threaded end. The gun is brand new and never fired, the pro-shot was brand new and the jag was brand new. I only ran it down and back the one time. My bore guide is too large for the CZ so I had to line it up by hand. I have part number 1PS-26-22/26 and says it is for .22-.26 cal.

The rod mic’s at .22” with some cheap dial calipers. Anybody else with this same rod and a mic that can tell me if it is oversized or is the CZ just tight? Is the rod hard enough to take much life out of the barrel? I can clearly see the marks, but not able to really feel anything. It looks like it would polish out with a little buffing. So the rifling just barely cut into the rod.

Thank you