Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for EDC fixed blade

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I'm one of those obnoxious Spyderco guys. But got turned on to them when I was in the service, and haven't looked back since. Except for the SOG multitool I carried. Unfortunately, I lost that off the coast of "Who Knows Where" doing "Who knows what"

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    The Winkler Contingency is my EDC and probably my favorite knife I have purchased since Watsons mini bowie.
    Id vote for this: https://www.monkeyedge.com/Winkler-K...-p/wkk0003.htm - corrosion shouldnt be too much of an issue. My Contingency only has signs of rust on the sheath screws / clip.
    Esse, Fallkniven, and Bark River are other solid options- Ive been eyeing this but cant justify it yet given my ammo purchasing focus: https://www.knifecenter.com/series/b...-santos-series

take care-
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Folks recommending ESEE--I like them too, I have two of the Junglas, but OP said: "I don't need it have dive knife corrosion resistance, but I live in Florida so I'd like something that isn't going to rust just from getting sweat on, or pick up rust if it gets exposed to salt water and it takes me a day to give it a thorough cleaning."

ESEE, with a couple of exceptions, are all 1095 steel which pretty much rusts if you look at it wrong.

There is 1 model in the ESEE 4 line that is stainless, this guy. Nice thing about ESEE is they give you everything you need, this package includes a good sheath:
    https://www.knifecenter.com/item/RC4...ath-clip-plate
    I will second this recommendation. You can also order a molle back with it to attach to the sheath. Plus it's really nice looking and 440C will be good against rust. Here are some better pictures of it. https://knifeworks.com/esee-4-4pss-0...-black-sheath/

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I have an ESEE Izula in 1095 that, even in dry Colorado air, rusts on a regular basis if I don't keep it oiled at all times. Handy knife, but frustrating.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I have an ESEE Izula in 1095 that, even in dry Colorado air, rusts on a regular basis if I don't keep it oiled at all times. Handy knife, but frustrating.
    They make the izula in 440c stainless steel too. Great knife but the 1095 will certainly rust easy

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am an ESEE fan and have a couple of their knives. I went with a Spyderco salt but my knife collection is continuously growing so I might add some of the other selections too. Thanks for all the inputs!
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hi-wayman View Post
    Look at the Bradford guardian series. A bit hefty in the grip, but sure easy to hang on to. Available in CPM-3v, M390, and Elmax. I EDC the guardian 3 in a horizontal sheath.

Whatever you go with, don't over look a good sheath when it comes to daily carry of a fixed blade. It's like getting a good holster for your sidearm. I'm a fan of the aforementioned horizontal sheath. Your work may not be bothered by you having a fixed blade, but sometimes a place you stop along the way to or from might not be so accommodating... I have a fixed blade on me every day. Sometimes just a small old long discontinued Kershaw Echo. Wonderful little blade I wish they still made.

Sometimes my ZT 0100. Belt loops on that one are from a Bravo Concealment holster.

I found a guy who makes sheathes, and he has done several for me... and one holster. With the horizontal carry they hide well under a T shirt, and you can get to them easily even sitting in your vehicle. I wear them just to the right of my belt buckle. Pull back, stab forward. I can still reach across and access them left handed in a reverse grip.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 10-01-20 at 09:16.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Spyderco Street Bowie, stainless bowie blade

Feedback Score
    Never mind....'fixed blade' went over my head.
    Last edited by MontanaMarine; 10-02-20 at 13:53.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast