Page 107 of 126 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1251

Thread: (Graphic picture) Damage caused by .223/5.56 in Kenosha incident

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Lets try this another way.

It's Friday night. You are in your favorite dive bar shooting pool. Some huge Biker dude with a bunch of ugly ass friends decides he wants to mop the floor up with you. You look around for the Five "buddies" you came in with. Two are standing right next to you, one has a broken beer bottle in his hand, one a chair. One guy is doing his best to blend into the crowd and appear not to notice what's going on while he chats up the Big Titted Blonde at the bar.... One guy is sliding out the door and the other one suddenly shows up with the ugly bikers and starts saying things about your parentage, alienage and sexual preferences....

Who are your real friends? Who do you trust? Going forward, when one of them needs a favor, wants to hang out etc... whose call do you take and who do you tell to FOAD?
    Apples and oranges. Businesses aren’t our “friends” and I’m under no allusion that one would come to my defense. Your life will get a lot simpler when you realize you are on your own and nobody is going to come save you, especially a corporation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Black rifle coffee has handled this as poorly as anyone could. It’s almost kind of funny. They make YouTube videos about killing home invaders and being all about beer, bacon, bullets, and waiting “a lifetime to get a stateside kill“.
    Then some 17-year-old kid actually does what they talk about and they can’t run away from it fast enough. What a joke.
    F’em and there their coffee.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I suppose I shouldn't be surprised anymore, we have seen it in the past with Team Wendy and more recently, Crye, but it's still upsetting to see.

Swing and a miss again. We all know where Apple stands, we know they are against us. BRCC pretends to be on our side then poops in our Cheerios when we're not looking. I don't have much of a choice when it comes to cell phones, I have a tons of choices when it comes to coffee.
    And none of those choices on coffee are on your side.

You yer acting just like the liberals...take up our cause or we’ll cancel you.

Feedback Score
    Or just exposing the hypocrisy of some. I’m honestly surprised we didn’t see a donation to Biden‘s campaign on the founders background

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    "Cancel culture," refers to the culture of cancelling - or refusing to monetarily (or otherwise) support - things that don't measure up in an ideological purity test.

As when an actor is accused of supporting Trump, and get fired from their primetime TV show. Or when a coffee company doesn't want their name associated with an alleged murderer, and is accused of being turncoats.

Not sure I agree. Cancel culture is when an actor is fired or a TV host is fired because they say or do something and their employers cave and cancel/ fire them and they lose their lively hood.

Choosing to give your money to a business or not is not cancel culture. BRCC decided to speak up when they didn't have to and run from their image as fast as they could to save face with the liberal progressive media that called them out. I am ok with that. But at the same time I can decide I don't want to spend my money with them anymore. I would rather just spend it with a coffee company that doesn't have a false image. I am not on TV or even social media calling for people to do the same.

Surely you can see the difference.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Again, at this point, there are only two sides- as you note, even the phone companies, shoe companies, tech companies etc...HAVE CHOSEN...... Ours and theirs, there is no Switzerland. If you PRETEND to be "one of us" then we expect you to "be one of us". If not, GTFO- as the Bard wrote-

“He which hath no stomach to this fight,
    Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
    And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
    We would not die in that man's company
    That fears his fellowship to die with us."

Or, if you prefer, as later reprized during our own Revolution by Sam Adams-

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

There it is, that's where we are.

(BTW, those sentiments might also be considered to be Timeless, Moral Absolutes. Unchanging values which a man should stick up for, regardless of what "everyone else" is doing. It was true in Shakespeare's day, in Sam Adams-- a Viking Warrior would have understood it. The great virtues never change. )
    So you’re saying it’s ok to play and support your enemies so long as they tell you first? You’ll support a company that uses your money against you, but lead a witch hunt against another whom simply isn’t going to war when you think they should? Twisted logic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    And none of those choices on coffee are on your side.

You yer acting just like the liberals...take up our cause or we’ll cancel you.

Asking someone to take up your cause or you will "cancel" them is different than a company pretending to be one thing and then supporting another and people deciding they don't want to spend their money there anymore. At least I know where Apple and Starbucks stands.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Not sure I agree. Cancel culture is when an actor is fired or a TV host is fired because they say or do something and their employers cave and cancel/ fire them and they lose their lively hood.

Choosing to give your money to a business or not is not cancel culture. BRCC decided to speak up when they didn't have to and run from their image as fast as they could to save face with the liberal progressive media that called them out. I am ok with that. But at the same time I can decide I don't want to spend my money with them anymore. I would rather just spend it with a coffee company that doesn't have a false image. I am not on TV or even social media calling for people to do the same.

Surely you can see the difference.
    I don't think anyone is threatening people over having some sort of association with BRCC either.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So you’re saying it’s ok to play and support your enemies so long as they tell you first? You’ll support a company that uses your money against you, but lead a witch hunt against another whom simply isn’t going to war when you think they should? Twisted logic.

Collaborators often have a rougher row to hoe than the uniformed combatants they assist/serve with.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Apples and oranges. Businesses aren’t our “friends” and I’m under no allusion that one would come to my defense. Your life will get a lot simpler when you realize you are on your own and nobody is going to come save you, especially a corporation.

Weird. Now do Covid and government.

Page 107 of 126 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast