Page 115 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1251

Thread: (Graphic picture) Damage caused by .223/5.56 in Kenosha incident

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Not really.

1. Both businesses claim to be part of and market to the 2A community.

2. Both were presented with decisions that were potentially controversial, that could have cost them money and risked alienating a significant portion of their clientele.

3. One chose to take a principled stand, even if it meant they might lose business because it was the right thing to do-AND, they understood their consumer-because they weren't just play acting. The other, tucked tail and ran.

I don't see any gymnastics there, simple facts.
    I was going to type out a long response to this, but I figured what's the point? You aren't going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours. But I will leave this thought for you that each and every 2A related company (which BRCC is not) will either say something stupid or get themselves into hot water eventually with the 2A community.

Ruger did it in the 90s during the AWB with their comments.

Colt didn't do themselves any favors by putting in that ridiculous sear block with half moon BCG.

Remember when HS Precision decided to get Lon Horiuchi for a testimonial on their products?

I could go on, but I won't. Because people are people and people say or do dumb crap from time to time.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I was going to type out a long response to this, but I figured what's the point? You aren't going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours. But I will leave this thought for you that each and every 2A related company (which BRCC is not) will either say something stupid or get themselves into hot water eventually with the 2A community.

Colt didn't do themselves any favors by putting in that ridiculous sear block with half moon BCG.

Remember when HS Precision decided to get Lon Horiuchi for a testimonial on their products?

I could go on, but I won't. Because people are people and people say or do dumb crap from time to time.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/...ond-amendment/

"“The Second Amendment speaks for the entire ethos of the company,” Hafer tells me. “A firearm is woven into the DNA of the country. The American Revolution was fought and won with a firearm.”"

Bill Ruger had a long history of being anti 2nd Amendment. Decades before the no honest man need a mag over xx rounds congressional testimony there was the 5 round Mini 14 vs. the standard capacity magazine GB and prior to that was a .22LR Baby Nambu copy that would have likely sold well, but he was afraid some serf would carry it concealed. There is a theory that if he had ever got the .gov contracts he craved the private arms sakes would have been nixed.

Colt has done lots of anti 2nd Amendment crap too. Add in their smart gun crap to the mix.

HS did the equivalent of a pesticide manufacturer using a former camp guard to tout the efficacy of their product. Also telling was what group(s) the ad was aimed at/appealed to.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 11-24-20 at 20:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Those companies, Glock especially, care nothing about the second amendment short of the fact that it protects their business demand to some degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is an example how many firearms manufacturers do operate off of ideology rather than monetary concerns. Post September 2001 average firearms sales have been around 65% private/35% .gov (before that it was @ 80% private/20% .gov, but typically the firearms industry is more concerned with, and grants deep discounts to, the smallest segment of their business that typically seeks to ruin their financial well being.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post

I appreciate the discussuon, its one that needs to be had.

It is true that many companies do or say stupid things, honestly I don't understand how/why. It isn't Rocket Surgery- You support the right of Americans to own and use firearms. If that is always your first instinct, you can never go far wrong.

The problem comes in when it becomes about "perception".... When you have "business people" who are playing at being gun people....vs simply doing the right thing. As I always tell my clients before depositions-"Tell the truth, its the easiest".

With all that said, Im glad Kyle is home with his family for Thanksgiving.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Ive donated and it was a fairly robust contribution. I noted it in this thread much earlier when I did it. I can afford it and it was the right thing to do.

So now Im entitled to an opinion?
    You’ve always been entitled to an opinion. And I still think this is a stupid thing to divide ourselves on and virtue signal over.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    You’ve always been entitled to an opinion. And I still think this is a stupid thing to divide ourselves on and virtue signal over.
    Looks like people are simply observing activities.

You may want to go chime in here:

https://www.facebook.com/49747689372...4149948056227/

I haven't read every single post in that, but so far what I have seen several instances of is:

1) leftists defend BRCC for denouncing Rittenhouse, BRCC drops in to thank them for their support.

2) leftists claim BRCC is supporting a murder, BRCC drops in to point out they never had a relationship

3) BRCC correcting anyone that didn't catch the reversal on Blaze advertising

What I have not seen is BRCC correcting claimed 2nd Amendment devotees(and Hafer clearly was trying to attract us in The National Review article) that mention BRCC leadership supporting Act Blue and other anti 2nd Amendment/leftist causes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Looks like people are simply observing activities.

You may want to go chime in here:

I haven't read every single post in that, but so far what I have seen several instances of is:

1) leftists defend BRCC for denouncing Rittenhouse, BRCC drops in to thank them for their support.

2) leftists claim BRCC is supporting a murder, BRCC drops in to point out they never had a relationship

3) BRCC correcting anyone that didn't catch the reversal on Blaze advertising

What I have not seen is BRCC correcting claimed 2nd Amendment devotees(and Hafer clearly was trying to attract us in The National Review article) that mention BRCC leadership supporting Act Blue and other anti 2nd Amendment/leftist causes.

I will say this much, it's pretty clear at this point where BRCC comes down on the issue. Whether you "understand" that and are ok with it or whether you think they are lying, Poseur, scumbag, Pieces of Shit....That's a personal call and reasonable minds can differ.

For me, a donation to Act Blue- tells me all I need to know. It's the equivalent of a guy saying he performs fellatio regularly for fun, but "isn't gay"....Yea, ok...
    Last edited by Esq.; 11-25-20 at 07:48.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    And I still think this is a stupid thing to divide ourselves on and virtue signal over.
    Completely agree
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have a coffee subscription and really enjoy 90% their podcasts and they have some interesting guests. I do however want some clarification on where they and all their brand ambassadors stand with the 2A and normal civilians owning guns. Not rushing to judgement quite yet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    I have a coffee subscription and really enjoy 90% their podcasts and they have some interesting guests. I do however want some clarification on where they and all their brand ambassadors stand with the 2A and normal civilians owning guns. Not rushing to judgement quite yet.
    I am not asking anyone to "take my word on it". Go see for yourself what they correct people on(claims they support Rittenhouse & Blaze cancellation) vs. silence on questions/comments about funding Act Blue.

Not sure how recognizing where support is going is "dividing us" unless we need clarification on "us".

Page 115 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast